IT'S OFFICIAL: GUZ is getting faster

According to the GUZ website, the K1 speed up is now official !

Since applying for the I-129F in July, I have frequently checked the Guz website for various info. Regarding visa processing the site always said for the K1 fiance visa, the P3 - Interview time is 5 months, which is historically accurate.

Looking at the pinned timeline, it appears that many more are getting their P3 - interview times in 2 or 3 months

And now, in the past few days, GUZ has updated the site and here is the new official statement, cut 'n pasted for accuracy:

"The U.S. Consulate in Guangzhou handles thousands of cases every month. Hence, you can expect two to three months between the time we receive the applicant's DS-230 part one and OF-169 forms and the time an interview is scheduled. "

Two to three months ! Whooopeeeee ! ! !

http://www.usembassy-china.org.cn/guangzhou/iv/kvisa.html

:greenblob: :redblob: :redblob: :redblob: :( :greenblob: :greenblob: :redblob: :greenblob: :greenblob:

Edited by ameriken (see edit history)
Guest ShaQuaNew

We can all only hope so.... :(

Should we have doubts when the US government tells us that immigration is more efficient now than yesterday?

Okay, Okay, I'm a cynic..... :greenblob:

I hope so. There is no word about K-3, I assume it should be the same.

167527[/snapback]

While the GUZ site specifically states "K1 Visa Processing" I think that is only because there are far more K1's than 3's, and in my post I used K1 so as not to misquote or mislead. However, looking at the CFL pinned timeline, K3's appear to be getting faster too. I believe the processing is similar, so I think it is a safe assumption that both are accelerating! Good luck ! :)

Edited by ameriken (see edit history)

Things do seem to be getting better ... in general. There are still those caught in unexplicable delay that we need to support. There are still some interview rejections that we cannot understand. But overall ... there seems to be progress.

We need to celebrate that and comment positively while still working diligently on the problems.

Things do seem to be getting better ... in general.  There are still those caught in unexplicable delay that we need to support.  There are still some interview rejections that we cannot understand.  But overall ... there seems to be progress.

We need to celebrate that and comment positively while still working diligently on the problems.

167536[/snapback]

You are right about the delays and rejections Jim, however, the bright side to that is, I guess it's better to be delayed with a 6 or 7 month timeline, than 9 or 10 months !

Chins up, fingers crossed, and maybe one less bag of cheetos needed ! :D

According to the GUZ website, the K1 speed up is now official !

Since applying for the I-129F in July, I have frequently checked the Guz website for various info. Regarding visa processing the site always said for the K1 fiance visa, the P3 - Interview time is 5 months, which is historically accurate.

Looking at the pinned timeline, it appears that many more are getting their P3 - interview times in 2 or 3 months

And now, in the past few days, GUZ has updated the site and here is the new official statement, cut 'n pasted for accuracy:

"The U.S. Consulate in Guangzhou handles thousands of cases every month. Hence, you can expect two to three months between the time we receive the applicant's DS-230 part one and OF-169 forms and the time an interview is scheduled. "

Two to three months ! Whooopeeeee  ! ! !

http://www.usembassy-china.org.cn/guangzhou/iv/kvisa.html

:clapping:  :toot:  :toot:  :yahoo:  :crazy:  :crazy:  :mobrun:  :toot:  :crazy:  :clapping:

167509[/snapback]

well it would be great if they receive it.... instead of leaving it in customs for week after week.....

167509[/snapback]

well it would be great if they receive it.... instead of leaving it in customs for week after week.....

167612[/snapback]

Hey Hank,

You are right........the little stopover in customs generally adds a month or so to the process. :shutup:

How are you and your SO? Ken

167509[/snapback]

167612[/snapback]

Hey Hank,

You are right........the little stopover in customs generally adds a month or so to the process. :P

167815[/snapback]

Wish we were off to see the wizard of GUZ! But maybe we will -- our "received in GUZ date was August 18, 2005. So . . . we should be getting an interview date this month?

Here's wishing for us, and everyone else.

167509[/snapback]

167612[/snapback]

Hey Hank,

You are right........the little stopover in customs generally adds a month or so to the process. :P

167815[/snapback]

Wish we were off to see the wizard of GUZ! But maybe we will -- our "received in GUZ date was August 18, 2005. So . . . we should be getting an interview date this month?

Here's wishing for us, and everyone else.

167849[/snapback]

My *guesstimates* are that your actual GUZ date is in Sept, and your P4 will go out the end of this month or beginning of next month for a January interview... Mark's estimate shows your P4 the end of Jan for an early March interview... I'm guesstimating my wife's interview around late February if we're really really lucky, but more likely March or April... guess it depends how much the recent speed up is also affecting CR1's... good luck!

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?...ndpost&p=166150

Edited by shentaro (see edit history)