CR-1 Receipt For Interview

My wife is worried that she will need to provide a receipt showing payment of the $380 visa fee when she goes to interview. I do have a money order showing payment to DOS but will arrive in China after interview. I would have to mail ASAP. This is a CR-1 visa according to DOS. I believe it is now required to pay in advance to proceed this far? The paperwork which I believe is a standard issued form states it must be paid at time of interview $3154rmb. Can anyone advise. Thanks

Edited by BillV 8-16-2004 (see edit history)
Historically the approach has been done as: pay the visa prior to the medical and bring it to the medical for inclusion to the seal package...

More recently, people have had their exams in Shanghai and the medical staff has told them they did not need to have the visa receipt, but can be paid at interview...

Here is the post.. and a few posts later it is confirmed by another..

I did some more research at 001, here is what I have found:?if you do medical exam in SH, you can pay the visa fee either in SH or in GZ before the interview; this is stated on the paper they gave you after the exam.?I then searched the Citic Industrial Banks website in SH, and found there are two SH branches that accept US visa (non immigrant)applicaton fee (RMB 830):

1. 61 Nanjing Road East, Tel: 63501216

2. 1335 Huaihai Road Middle, Tel: 64318545

Hope this clears up the confusion for people doing exam in SH.

162632[/snapback]

167443[/snapback]

David, I think you were taking about paying for K1 visa, but Bill was talking about payment for CR1 visa. CR1 visa fee was paid prior to receiving P3. I think Bill's SO don't need to pay this fee again at the interview and don't need to show receipt either. However, I can only confirm this after I have done mine.

My wife is worried that she will need to provide a receipt showing payment of the $380 visa fee when she goes to interview. I do have a money order showing payment to DOS but will arrive in China after interview. I would have to mail ASAP. This is a CR-1 visa according to DOS.  I believe it is now required to pay in advance to proceed this far? The paperwork which I believe is a standard issued form states it must be paid at time of interview $3154rmb. Can anyone advise. Thanks

167438[/snapback]

I don't know why she would be asked for such a thing. Today, in fact, I went by and left a money order made out to the Department of State for $380 and another one for $70. I don't know how the papers would continue processing without the fees having been paid. :)

But now, I'll send the receipts to her. :clapping:

CR-1 is pay as you go...........

The immgrant visa fee is paid at certain posts at the day of interview. The paperwork at these particular posts are not handled by the NVC but delivered at time of interview. These posts are called 'BETA' posts. GZ is not a 'BETA' posts.

She must've read this on one of several forms, that are used throughtout US posts, that make mention of this.

What if you are waiting on both your I-130/CR1 and I-129F/K3... and the K3 gets to post first...

Anyone have their P4 get to them and thus had to get their medical exam, although they had already paid the visa fee to NVC for CR1 (but the CR1 was not at post yet) ?

Did the medical staff or GUZ ask about the visa fee receipt ?

Doesn't the P4 letter state your 'preference category' as K3 ?

My wife is worried that she will need to provide a receipt showing payment of the $380 visa fee when she goes to interview. I do have a money order showing payment to DOS but will arrive in China after interview. I would have to mail ASAP. This is a CR-1 visa according to DOS.  I believe it is now required to pay in advance to proceed this far? The paperwork which I believe is a standard issued form states it must be paid at time of interview $3154rmb. Can anyone advise. Thanks

167438[/snapback]

If you have already sent payments of $70 (DS3032 fee) and $380 (IV fee) to NVC, for CR1 visa, there is no more fee you have to pay. Everything is paid in advance to NVC. The only other cost is for the medical checkup and documents and that's paid to the doctor or hospital.

Edited by bubbafred10 (see edit history)