Good news lately making even Eric optimistic

Lately, many of us, myself included, have received some good (if true) news. We have received clearance reports, visa pickup notices via snail mail, GZ has finally updated their website (so we know they are still functioning - sort of), optimistic conversations with CA personnel, and perhaps the best of all good news indicators --> even Eric has turned into an optimist! Congrats, Eric, you have been waiting even longer than us.

However, at the risk of being a bit negative myself, I have continued to write letters. I am just holding up on sending them for another week to let GZ have a chance to produce results. I have even written out mock telephone cnversations that I plan to have with CA in the event all the recent good news is another false alarm.

Sort of like the Pres, I'm getting my troops in place, poised to attack - if GZ does not comply! I give them days and weeks; not months and years. Of course I still am hopeful that this can be accomplished peacefully without another attack of calls and letters. But should it be necessary to act, we will have the full force of the Candle Group.

I suggest everyone else also get ready - just in case GZ fails to act.

Lately, many of us, myself included, have received some good (if true) news lately.  We have received clearance reports, visa pickup notices via snail mail, GZ has finally updated their website (so we know they are still functioning - sort of), optimistic conversations with CA personnel, and perhaps the best of all good news indicators --> even Eric has turned into an optimist!  Congrats, Eric, you have been waiting even longer than us.

However, at the risk of being a bit negative myself, I have continued to write letters.  I am just holding up on sending them for another week to let GZ have a chance to produce results.  I have even written out mock telephone cnversations that I plan to have with CA in the event all the recent good news is another false alarm.

Sort of like the Pres, I'm getting my troops in place, poised to attack - if GZ does not comply!  I give them days and weeks; not months and years.  Of course I still am hopeful that this can be accomplished peacefully without another attack of calls and letters.  But should it be necessary to act, we will have the full force of the Candle Group. 

I suggest everyone else also get ready - just in case GZ fails to act.

AZ.. First, I'm not a pessimistic by nature in the first place. On the contrary.

But I guess that I have seen Murphy show his ugly face too often in this fiasco and heard "2 more weeks" once too many ... So, I would call this rather “Doveryay, No Proveryay” , Russian for " Trust yes, but verify.". . Like comrade Gorby said a while ago during the SALTII discussions.

I think you are right to be "prepared" Hopefully you/ we won't have to call in the troops anymore..

AZ.. First, I'm not a pessimistic by nature in the first place. On the contrary.

But I guess that I have seen Murphy show his ugly face too often in this fiasco and heard "2 more weeks" once too many ... So, I would call this rather “Doveryay, No Proveryay” , Russian for " Trust yes, but verify.". . Like comrade Gorby said a while ago during the SALTII discussions.

I think you are right to be "prepared"  Hopefully you/ we won't have to call in the troops anymore..

I just love it when you snarl your teeth :lol:

I think you are right to be "prepared"  Hopefully you/ we won't have to call in the troops anymore..

I just love it when you snarl your teeth :lol:

get off my food !

congratulations! it is really nice to hear that more namecheck were cleared.

:D :)

hopefully this week will bring more good news and i will try my best to get rid of all my negative thoughts in my mind :lol:

since GZ is sending the notice by regular mail it may take longer than before again. what is sad :(

congratulations! it is really nice to hear that more namecheck were cleared.

:D :)

hopefully this week will bring more good news and i will try my best to get rid of all my negative thoughts in my mind :lol:

since GZ is sending the notice by regular mail it may take longer than before again. what is sad :(

we'll have to verify if this the new policy.. Maybe not.. We'll have to see.

No worries... :o

I think you are right to be "prepared"  Hopefully you/ we won't have to call in the troops anymore..

I just love it when you snarl your teeth :(

get off my food !

Speaking of food, where's my chocolates Frenchman? :o :P

Oh, I get it. You sent them snail-mail! :V: :D

get off my food !

Speaking of food, where's my chocolates Frenchman? :o :D

Oh, I get it. You sent them snail-mail! :V: :D

Mick. Get it over with OK?? People are starting to gossip here ! :P

get off my food !

Speaking of food, where's my chocolates Frenchman? :lol: :(

Oh, I get it. You sent them snail-mail! :lol: :D

Mick. Get it over with OK?? People are starting to gossip here ! :lol:

Well, there's always next year....How's that for optimism? :P :D :lol:

get off my food !

Speaking of food, where's my chocolates Frenchman? :lol: :D

Oh, I get it. You sent them snail-mail! :lol: :D

Mick. Get it over with OK?? People are starting to gossip here ! :lol:

Well, there's always next year....How's that for optimism? :P :P :lol:

HOOOOOOOONEYYYYYYYYYY ! Come home ! These guys start to scare me !!

:(

though i AM becoming optimistic... i am continuing the battle as if i had no good news at all. i want to keep the pressure on. i don't want anyone to feel like "well, we got it THIS far, we can take a break now." i want GZ and DOS to continue to get inquiries on our cases. if there are further breakdowns, errors, bungles, screw-ups, and "two-week delays" everybody will still remember "that guy from denver."

friday i delivered my sweeties valentines flowers to my senator's aid. i just met with my congressman AGAIN this afternoon. i will be meeting with one of my senator's later this week. i will be in the face of anyone who will make time for me, and i will talk to anyone who will listen.

i said - "i will not rest" - and optimistic or not - i meant it.