Case Forwarded to Guangzhou but No Entry?

First of all, let me say thanks to all the members and administrators who has maintained this website. I have my own website and I know it takes a great deal of "non-profit" time and help to run it.

Now my complaints...

Can anyone explain to me why it takes so long for a case to be entered into the computer in China? My case was forwarded from the NVC to Guangzhou on July 18 and it's almost 4 months now and we have not heard any word from the consulate. We called up their number and they just said that the case is not in the computer systems yet. Isn't all the computer systems linked up to the US network? This boggles me and I don't understand why it takes so long to process paperwork atsua the consulate. Also, why would the times be so random? Based on information provided by "Timeline", the P3-P4 times would range so widely from 60 days to 140 days. Why do some people get it done quicker and some have to wait longer? Is such a system fair? Would hiring a lawyer expedite this process? Would a letter from the senator or congressman help expedite this process?

Why is it so difficult for someone in China to visit their spouse in the United States? I know for sure the current system doesn't work "well" in weeding out the bad apples such as fake marriages and illegal immigrants. Hong Kong has now an "open" system for people in China willing to travel to Hong Kong. By doing that, it has actually helped Hong Kong's economy by letting mainlanders to arrive and leave by act of faith. The United States should follow Hong Kong by example and allow itself to prosper.

Just a couple of comments. Workload seems to be the biggest problem with the consulate. Files are shipped from NVC to GZ and hit two snags along the way. Once the files reach China, they usually sit at DHL's facility for a month, maybe longer, with the reason being "clearance delay". There's been a lot of speculation as to why this happens, but many people believe the consulate is using DHL as an offsite storage facility until the consulate is ready for the files. The second snag happens after the files are actually delivered to the consulate. Again, the files may sit at the consulate for a month or longer until the data is actually entered into the computer system. Until this happens, GZ won't acknowledge receipt of the files. Unless your case is way out of wack, using a lawyer or a congressional representative would likely not yield any progress.

Temporary (visitor, etc.) visas are only issued if there is no "immigrant intent". After someone petitions or files for a K visa, the assumption is that the beneficiary or applicant now has "immigrant intent", so it it highly unlikely that a temporary visa would be issued.

I must be out of the loop. I thought Chinese mainlanders had to get a visa to visit Hong Kong whereas Hong Kong people can come and go as they please. My understanding was that they could get 2 in a year. Has this changed?

Also, maybe I am jumping the gun, but I would be concerned if my paper work had made it there and was still waiting processing after 4 MONTHS. Most of the ones I have seen are held after shipping for approximately 1 month and then forwared on to the consulate. After that maybe another month or 2 for processing. I would be calling 2 or 3 times a week. Okay, that's excessive but........

First of all, let me say thanks to all the members and administrators who has maintained this website.  I have my own website and I know it takes a great deal of "non-profit" time and help to run it. 

Now my complaints...

Can anyone explain to me why it takes so long for a case to be entered into the computer in China?  My case was forwarded from the NVC to Guangzhou on July 18 and it's almost 4 months now and we have not heard any word from the consulate.  We called up their number and they just said that the case is not in the computer systems yet.  Isn't all the computer systems linked up to the US network?  This boggles me and I don't understand why it takes so long to process paperwork atsua the consulate.  Also, why would the times be so random?  Based on information provided by "Timeline", the P3-P4 times would range so widely from 60 days to 140 days.  Why do some people get it done quicker and some have to wait longer?  Is such a system fair?  Would hiring a lawyer expedite this process?  Would a letter from the senator or congressman help expedite this process?

Why is it so difficult for someone in China to visit their spouse in the United States?  I know for sure the current system doesn't work "well" in weeding out the bad apples such as fake marriages and illegal immigrants.  Hong Kong has now an "open" system for people in China willing to travel to Hong Kong.  By doing that, it has actually helped Hong Kong's economy by letting mainlanders to arrive and leave by act of faith.  The United States should follow Hong Kong by example and allow itself to prosper.

166866[/snapback]

"July 18 and it's almost 4 months now and we have not heard any word from the consulate. We called up their number and they just said that the case is not in the computer systems yet. Isn't all the computer "

Im in the EXACT, situation that you are in. RIGHT NOW. Mine was sent end of july to. And its been ALMOST 4 months. GZ told me that they dont have my case. GZ told me that it takes 2 to 4 months. Well it will be 4 months, end of NOV. So no more excuses! :D

I also checked DHL, there are 17 articles from NVC going to GZ. But its stuck at DHL's gateway. Maybe our packages are in there somewhere.. 398lbs of it. Keep me posted ....

I understand workload is a problem but that is not an excuse as each one of us actually "pays" a fee to get the process done (I believe it is about $300?) and have to wait for so long. It is not like we are waiting on line for food stamps or Medicaid. Even then, getting food stamps and Medicaid is even faster. If the consulate doesn't have the staff, they should expand to accommodate. If they don't have enough money, charge more to cover the expenses. The whole thing has to be made more efficient to prioritize the cases.

I even suspect if "workload" is the problem here. If it is, they could schedule the interview date from receipt of the papers longer. As I understand, it only takes about a month between P4 and interview date. If workload is the issue, the interval between P4 and interview date should be extended instead of the time between P3 and P4. This is a more logical explanation for the workload problem since it doesn't require that much time to put the information into a computer and do some preliminary namecheck tasks. To put us on hold almost "indefinitely" by shirking away from getting the information from the paper to the system is no excuse.

I have also called that DOS help line and they just say there's nothing that they could do now as the case is forwarded to China. They didn't say they used DHL or whatever service but they said it is a very reliable carrier and it SHOULD be in the consulate system in a very short amount of time.

Yes, Chinese mainlanders need to get a visa to go to Hong Kong. They can get one visa 3 months at a time. As for the time to get this Hong Kong visa, it takes less than 2 weeks (not like this more than a year stuff with the US). Of course, I think the consulate does issue those "temporary visas" only if there is no immigration intent. Why is this needed while people from other countries (such as UK/Canada) are not needed? I bet someone from Iraq or Afghanistan can even get a visa to the US faster and easier than from China.

How do you check DHL the status of your package from the NVC to Guangzhou?

I don't know... I think the only way to solve this problem is to bother the Senator to bother the consulate. I hate this agony of waiting.

Call the DOS help-line at 603-334-0700, and give them your GUZ # (GUZ . . .) from your NOA2 (I-797). You will need to speak to a live operator.

166917[/snapback]

Randy, that is the number for the NVC, and they will only tell you that the case has been cleared and sent to GUZ

How do you check DHL the status of your package from the NVC to Guangzhou? 

167008[/snapback]

You should have the approximate date when your case cleared, you can go to the DHL website and track by reference, put in I-730 and the date frame, then hit track.... read the shipments where it says Guangzhou, china....

good luck!!

Edited by HanLi (see edit history)
How do you check DHL the status of your package from the NVC to Guangzhou??

167008[/snapback]

You should have the approximate date when your case cleared, you can go to the DHL website and track by reference, put in I-730 and the date frame, then hit track.... read the shipments where it says Guangzhou, china....

good luck!!

167021[/snapback]

It seems like shipments dating from July 18 are no longer stored in the dhl.com database. The earliest is August 8. This is getting hilarious. :lol:

Edited by taishancom (see edit history)
How do you check DHL the status of your package from the NVC to Guangzhou??

167008[/snapback]

good luck!!

167021[/snapback]

It seems like shipments dating from July 18 are no longer stored in the dhl.com database. The earliest is August 8. This is getting hilarious. :lol:

167035[/snapback]

You guys really need to cool down!!! It is my understanding that GUZ has already received your files and has already started the name check process. Sometimes when you call GUZ hotline or DOS hotline, you may not have the latest info, as operators have different levels of security access to read what is on the screen. You may be surprised when you are suddenly told that your name checks have been completed or P4 are on their ways. I found out this the hard way and I am no long anxious any more.

P.S. Through reading recent posts here, I also found out that if someone's visa moves "too fast" through the process, blue slip (visa denial) becomes more likely. So be patient!

P.S.  Through reading recent posts here, I also found out that if someone's visa moves "too fast" through the process, blue slip (visa denial) becomes more likely.  So be patient!

167039[/snapback]

I'd say that's a highly speculative rumor... I doubt the data would support this idea.

But your right on the mark with letting your petition run it's course, and waiting patiently... in the rare case you fall into a black hole, you will know it and still not be able to do much about it...

Actually, to tell you the truth, I am usually a patient man. However, my current circumstances are a little unusual and I need to do some planning...

My wife is actually pregnant and we expect to have a baby sometime early January. I had originally planned the birth to happen in the States but now it seems like it will happen in China. Under normal circumstances, I guess it would have happened but now it seems like this delay has messed up my plans. If the case is in the computer system, I think I would have a greater chance in seeking the consulate for help to expedite the case given my current situation. However, for right now, it is difficult to get this chance given that the case is still not in the system yet and the only people I can speak to are these representatives from Shanghai who are hired by the Guangzhou consulate "to fend off" questions.

Does anyone have a case similar to mine where a baby is expected during this agonizing process?

congratulations !!

And yes, once your case is recognized at GUZ, you should see if any expediting can occur.. particularly if you state your departure cannot occur after the interview since she is too far along, but if expedited she could leave... but with the delay, you might miss this chance too...

See this:

The Blessed Uh-Oh, Announcing our good fortune

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?act...f=2&t=7105&st=0

Actually, to tell you the truth, I am usually a patient man.  However, my current circumstances are a little unusual and I need to do some planning...

My wife is actually pregnant and we expect to have a baby sometime early January.  I had originally planned the birth to happen in the States but now it seems like it will happen in China.  Under normal circumstances, I guess it would have happened but now it seems like this delay has messed up my plans.  If the case is in the computer system, I think I would have a greater chance in seeking the consulate for help to expedite the case given my current situation.  However, for right now, it is difficult to get this chance given that the case is still not in the system yet and the only people I can speak to are these representatives from Shanghai who are hired by the Guangzhou consulate "to fend off" questions. 

Does anyone have a case similar to mine where a baby is expected during this agonizing process?

167057[/snapback]

If you're not aware of this, there are days (once a week?) at the consulate where a visa officer is on hand to answer questions - recently even to talk about specific cases.

It might be a good idea to try to attend one of these after your case shows up.