The anticipation of it all...........

Hi All,

Well, I am officially about to go crazy!!!

The interview is very close and the reality of all of this has hit both my wife and myself!!! We cannot even chat "normally" anymore. We are both wound more tight than a golf ball! I want so much to be able to enjoy the last of this process - but I cannot seem to relax. And no - the cheetos won't help - I need something stronger - ha ha. I don't even know if there is anything anybody can say to help this tension - but it seems to make me feel better to just sit down and get it off my chest. My mind will not stop thinking about all the things that "could" go wrong and then if we are successsful.... Oh God - what is it going to be like when she walks through the door of her new home??? I need to put a heat sink on my brain to keep it from over-heating!!! I want it all to be so perfect - but this just ain't going to happen - the best I can hope for is just a successful interview!!! But my mind won't stop worrying about absolutely everything else! Maybe somebody can suggest something (I can do) to help me relax and stop being so stressed? But then - she is the same way (getting very nervous and stressed) - She is the one having to do all the difficult stuff like the interview, the packing, the saying good-byes, and coming to a new country...... I thought I had it bad until I get in her shoes - she really has it bad. I sure hope we both can survive the next few weeks!!!

Thanks for being a shoulder to lean on,

Scott

Hi All,

Well, I am officially about to go crazy!!!

The interview is very close and the reality of all of this has hit both my wife and myself!!! We cannot even chat "normally" anymore. We are both wound more tight than a golf ball! I want so much to be able to enjoy the last of this process - but I cannot seem to relax. And no - the cheetos won't help - I need something stronger - ha ha. I don't even know if there is anything anybody can say to help this tension - but it seems to make me feel better to just sit down and get it off my chest. My mind will not stop thinking about all the things that "could" go wrong and then if we are successsful.... Oh God - what is it going to be like when she walks through the door of her new home??? I need to put a heat sink on my brain to keep it from over-heating!!! I want it all to be so perfect - but this just ain't going to happen - the best I can hope for is just a successful interview!!! But my mind won't stop worrying about absolutely everything else! Maybe somebody can suggest something (I can do) to help me relax and stop being so stressed? But then - she is the same way (getting very nervous and stressed) - She is the one having to do all the difficult stuff like the interview, the packing, the saying good-byes, and coming to a new country...... I thought I had it bad until I get in her shoes - she really has it bad. I sure hope we both can survive the next few weeks!!!

Thanks for being a shoulder to lean on,

Scott

166605[/snapback]

Just to give you a heads up.

After we sat down in the boarding area at the GZ airport

she began to cry.

She didn't "perk up" until the plane was over SF and she saw the

Golden Gate bridge.

Things are fine now as she has a good friend from GZ who works here,

her cousins/auntie and Yahoo IM/Webcam.

As far as her family in China goes, she hasn't missed a beat.

Edited by pkfops (see edit history)