Is I-864 still needed for the interview?

The DS3032 is barcoded and the DS230 Part1 is printed front and back on one peice of paper, no barcode just like on their website.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y107/BuffaloBillsRock/ds230-1.jpghttp://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y107/BuffaloBillsRock/ds230-2.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y107/BuffaloBillsRock/ds230-3.jpghttp://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y107/BuffaloBillsRock/ds230-4.jpg

Edited by Mengxin (see edit history)
If you go through all steps needed at NVC for the CR1, I would say you definitely want to finish up with that... With CR1, you don't have to do any Adjustment of Status step; your SO will enter the US as a permanent resident..

Here are the fees still ahead, taken from the FAQ... If something does not apply to the CR1, I hope someone will clarify.

A.1.23.3

Fees normally incurred by the Chinese beneficiary~{!/~}s steps,  given in RMB

P3:

Translating various documents:  500 - 3000 RMB

P4:

Exam= 800 RMB; expedited service=100 RMB.

Non-immigrant visa: K1-4 visa is 830 RMB, per visa

Immigrant visa: CR-1/IR-1 = 3,154 RMB, per visa

Interview:

Biometric fee = $45 USD

Visa pickup=20 RMB.

166146[/snapback]

My question is if you have already paid your Immigrant fee bill $365 do you still need to pay $3154 at the consulate?

P4:

But, the only curve ball would be if the VO asked for 2005 taxes or proof of income for 2005 since that becomes the 'previous year' soon...  Again.. it's up to the VO !

166096[/snapback]

David, most people that have complicated taxes and claim many deductions cannot file taxes until mid February, since many banks and other investment companies do not send out the final 2005 statements until late January or first week of Feb. If a VO asks for taxes or proof of income for 2005, telling them 2005 taxes have not been filed with IRS yet, should be good enough. Taking 2004 tax return and any form of year end income statement for 2005 to the interview would be a good idea, but not the final filed tax return if you don't have it. You can't show the VO what you don't have and they can't expect you to show them something that is not possible to show them at the time of the interview. Many people that have to pay taxes, don't file till April 15.... If they don't accept that answer, I would be very surprised and it should be easily overcome if they do.

If you go through all steps needed at NVC for the CR1, I would say you definitely want to finish up with that...   With CR1, you don't have to do any Adjustment of Status step; your SO will enter the US as a permanent resident..

Here are the fees still ahead, taken from the FAQ...   If something does not apply to the CR1, I hope someone will clarify.

A.1.23.3

Fees normally incurred by the Chinese beneficiary~{!/~}s steps,  given in RMB

P3:

Translating various documents:  500 - 3000 RMB

P4:

Interview:

Biometric fee = $45 USD

Visa pickup=20 RMB.

166146[/snapback]

My question is if you have already paid your Immigrant fee bill $365 do you still need to pay $3154 at the consulate?

P4:

166589[/snapback]

No. You pay the visa fee once (for each person being petitioned).

So, if you sent payment to NVC as part of the paper shuttle, your all set with the visa payment...

so you are suggesting the W-2's and/or 1099's ?