Notification by Regular Mail?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Snowbeast

I do really hope this is not happening. We should probably wait before jumpking to conclusions. This is just one report.

It seems like everyone had a problem with Packet 3. We did as well; never received it. I wonder if they were really sending them out at all. Actually they sent it to me in the U.S. When I contacted them about it they said they didn't have my fiancee's address. This seemed odd. Even after she faxed them and they said they would send it, the forms never arrived. I had to send them to her. Amazingly, she did get packet 4 through regular mail.

Judging from the number of people who have had problems receiving mail from GZ, I would not think they would resort to regular mail for this, especially when they have the passports! Let's hope we hear no more of this.

I do really hope this is not happening.  We should probably wait before jumpking to conclusions.  This is just one report.

It seems like everyone had a problem with Packet 3.  We did as well; never received it.  I wonder if they were really sending them out at all.  Actually they sent it to me in the U.S.  When I contacted them about it they said they didn't have my fiancee's address.  This seemed odd.  Even after she faxed them and they said they would send it, the forms never arrived.  I had to send them to her.  Amazingly, she did get packet 4 through regular mail.

Judging from the number of people who have had problems receiving mail from GZ, I would not think they would resort to regular mail for this, especially when they have the passports!  Let's hope we hear no more of this.

Thats Amazing, I too recieved packet 3 in the states before Lynn got one.They said that they didnt have a current address for her.

This even after an address was sent to the consulate. They said exactly the same thing to me. She recieved packet 4 like a charm.

I do really hope this is not happening.  We should probably wait before jumpking to conclusions.  This is just one report.

It seems like everyone had a problem with Packet 3.  We did as well; never received it.  I wonder if they were really sending them out at all.  Actually they sent it to me in the U.S.  When I contacted them about it they said they didn't have my fiancee's address.  This seemed odd.  Even after she faxed them and they said they would send it, the forms never arrived.  I had to send them to her.  Amazingly, she did get packet 4 through regular mail.

Judging from the number of people who have had problems receiving mail from GZ, I would not think they would resort to regular mail for this, especially when they have the passports!  Let's hope we hear no more of this.

Thats Amazing, I too recieved packet 3 in the states before Lynn got one.They said that they didnt have a current address for her.

This even after an address was sent to the consulate. They said exactly the same thing to me. She recieved packet 4 like a charm.

Of course she wont see her passport until she gets her visa. The passport stays at Guangzhou until pickup.

Guys, before we all get excited about this regular mail business, can we some facts here from Kaige? We need to find out where his lady lives in China, what is the postmark date? These are all important info as to how we will approach GZ. GZ should realize that using regular mail in those bulk mailing will cause delays and loss of mails. They are asking for more phone calls and emails this way -- this contradicts with what they posted on the webpage!!!

Where is Kaige -- can he find more details about the notification letter?

Guys, before we all get excited about this regular mail business, can we some facts here from Kaige?  We need to find out where his lady lives in China, what is the postmark date?  These are all important info as to how we will approach GZGZ should realize that using regular mail in those bulk mailing will cause delays and loss of mails.  They are asking for more phone calls and emails this way -- this contradicts with what they posted on the webpage!!!

Where is Kaige -- can he find more details about the notification letter?

I agree.. It's only one instance....

Let's not jump the gun and get too ( or more ! ) paranoid, unless we really have to. I was thinking about the postmark myself :o

I read about 2 regular mails on 001 earlier today, so it does not seem to be an isolated occurance. It is only the pickup letter...not the passport and visa.

Just went to check something. This is from the GZ website:

"Applicants will be advised by mail when a visa is ready for pick-up."

It does NOT specify that notice will be EMS. Looks like they are saving a buck and shooting themselves in the foot!

Why don't they just email the darn thing with an attachment? This is beyond me... Not only can they save more stamps.. but it's a hell of a lot faster. For everybody.

well, OK, they don't have applicants email.. but still.. B) Post the GUZ cleared on the web.... and they can get it..

The white slip Lynn has says that notice will be sent by mail. Now as to the

website. It could be old data. I have put this question forth several times and now BOOM here we are. I have hoped for EMS,and everybody from the Congressman to Kathryn Cabrals voice mail are saying EMS while we are now hearing regular mail. This is a Crock. I have allways thought EMS was a rumour or an exeption. Lynn has argued that regular mail not EMS delivers the notice. I hope not.

We have been waiting over 6 months since our interview.  At this point I would be happy if GZ would just tell me, It's in the mail."  I culd stand the wait if I just had an end date to count from.  B)

same here.. same here my friend...

CHECK IS IN THE MAIL is all I want to hear.

Yes! Just knowing its been sent would be progress. That way we would know to be looking.

We have been waiting over 6 months since our interview.  At this point I would be happy if GZ would just tell me, It's in the mail."  I culd stand the wait if I just had an end date to count from.  :lol:

same here.. same here my friend...

CHECK IS IN THE MAIL is all I want to hear.

Yes! Just knowing its been sent would be progress. That way we would know to be looking.

Yes.. I agree...

or realize it might be lost if it's in regular mail ...as Mick reported his experience was.

Guest Snowbeast

They were specifically told the letter would be sent via EMS at the interview. They should have also filled out an envelope for this. Happle says they almost forgot to let her do this. I don't know the details of what "filling out the envelope" means. I assume it is return address, or the interview is addressing it for them. I may be wrong but I am assuming this was the exact envelope in which the letter was to be mailed once clearance happened.

They were specifically told the letter would be sent via EMS at the interview.  They should have also filled out an envelope for this.  Happle says they almost forgot to let her do this.  I don't know the details of what "filling out the envelope" means.  I assume it is return address, or the interview is addressing it for them.  I may be wrong but I am assuming this was the exact envelope in which the letter was to be mailed once clearance happened.

i am speaking to robert right now. he will post an interesting theory