Airfares and Airlines

mercator

we should buy our own charter service to china........ ;)

I still think United is best overall from my experiences.....

we should buy our own charter service to china........ ;)

166370[/snapback]

Its funny you say that. If you get enough people together for a trip over there, that begins to look pretty feasible, actually. But you would still have to find a common place to depart from and arrive to and the plane with the legs to go, and a crew willing to hang out in China for a week or so also, so you aren't paying theirs and the planes time twice.

(vegas to gz is maybe a 16 hour out 14 hour back flight. Some execs can hold a dozen in the right configuration and have the legs for the trip (maybe vegas/hono/gz), but they run 800/hr +. 800x30 / 12 = 2000 per person. And no dealing with alot of the fun airport terminals provide... Something with the legs to make the trip (like an Airbus CJ or the like) that seats 35-50 would probably be doable, if you could fill all the seats.

(ok now my head hurts)

Merc

Edited by mercator (see edit history)
we should buy our own charter service to china........   ;)

166370[/snapback]

Its funny you say that. If you get enough people together for a trip over there, that begins to look pretty feasible, actually. But you would still have to find a common place to depart from and arrive to and the plane with the legs to go, and a crew willing to hang out in China for a week or so also, so you aren't paying theirs and the planes time twice.

(vegas to gz is maybe a 16 hour out 14 hour back flight. Some execs can hold a dozen in the right configuration and have the legs for the trip (maybe vegas/hono/gz), but they run 800/hr +. 800x30 / 12 = 2000 per person. And no dealing with alot of the fun airport terminals provide... Something with the legs to make the trip (like an Airbus CJ or the like) that seats 35-50 would probably be doable, if you could fill all the seats.

(ok now my head hurts)

Merc

166655[/snapback]

I vote to leave from Tampa :D