Getting the status of our cases

Carl

I know that GUZ has said that they cannot give info on specific cases, but enough is enough. All of us here have all followed the laws and played the game, but as time passes and frustrations increase we wonder if there will ever be reunited with our loved ones.

In my case as most of the Candle members know, my wife Ying's son recently passed away. Worried about her well being I finally was able to get some help from Maura Harty's office. Her assistiant contacted GUZ and had assurances from the Chief of Counsel that her case would be expedited. Since I an not keen on contacting GUZ's new "information" (and I use the term loosely) service I have instead called the State Department visa information office at least twice a week. So far the only information they have given me is that......"THE INTERVIEW HAS NOT YET BEEN SCHEDULED."

Right now Ying has her good days and bad days. Some days her grief and lonelines gets so bad while we talk that I seriously worry about her well being. One day she found as small ball her son liked to play with. When she showed it to me it brought all the feelings crashing back and the two of us were soon crying and wishing we were together just to hold each other and wish this nightmare would end.

I really need to get her out of China away from the constant reminders of her son where she and I can grieve together and get our lives back on track.

All I am asking for GUZ is to give me and and everybody caught if the bureaucratic shuffle some hope to hang on to and pass along our SO's.

I love my wife with all my heart, but we have been separated by the process for over a year and because of it I find myself CURSING the US government, the consulate in GUZ and the visa process in general for keeping us apart.

While I really don't want to set a precedent or bog down the system more than it already is, I am just hoping that somebody from GUZ would be willing to contact me through Candle's message feature so I can pass along my case number so they can give me any information on our case that I can pass along to Ying and give her the hope and strength she so dearly needs to make it to the end.

I apologize for my rants, but desperate men sometimes take desperate measures.

Thanks

Carl

Carl,

good luck, as you know we all shared your grief when you first posted about Yings child..... I thought certainly Maura would have followed up for you, have you tried that route again?

Carl,

good luck, as you know we all shared your grief when you first posted about Yings child.....  I thought certainly Maura would have followed up for you, have you tried that route again?

163008[/snapback]

I e-mailed Maura's assistant last week, no response as of yet

Looking at your timeline Carl, it looks like you shouldn't have much longer to go. The wait can be unbearable. I hope you and Ying haven't much longer to endure this agony.

The best to you both!

163040[/snapback]

thanks Ty,

But if I may go :unsure: for a moment......how are you progressing with your daughter? Have you taken any of my advice?

Now back to the subject matter.....Yes we may not have much longer, but it would still be nice to know exactly where I am, and I am very very sure that others would like to know where they are.

Edited by Carl (see edit history)

Carl, have you tried contacting GUZ directly via email? If you haven't, do so, using their webmail form.

Keep your message as straight forward as possible, so the person who read the message knows instantly what information you want from them. Show your concern of lost mail. (Keep in mind, don't write more emails before you receive a reply from them)

Reading your timeline, I estimate your interview should be somewhere in Nov or Dec. I don't know if you applied for K3 along with CR1/IR1, if you did, you should have already received interview date for K3. I checked other member's timeline and got an impression that GUZ's schedule is fairly consistent.

Carl,

good luck, as you know we all shared your grief when you first posted about Yings child.....  I thought certainly Maura would have followed up for you, have you tried that route again?

163008[/snapback]

I e-mailed Maura's assistant last week, no response as of yet

163035[/snapback]

since the assistant didn't respond, why not email Maura directly again, tell her the pain continues......

I think we all want the same thing. Maybe I am wrong but we aren't really looking for a quick visa job...we are intelligent adults..we understand security etc. And granted the terrorist are sneaky sob's.

But I think what we really want is for someone to care about us. We want the government for which we pay dearly to care about what happens to us. To show some concern for our well-being. At the very least to give us the attention we pay for! ESPECIALLY in your case. A death in the family is the most traumatic thing that can happen. And you were given assurances that it would be expedited. Just because your normal visa time is approaching is no excuse.

Email the consulate direct. Tell them your name, SO's name, case number and exactley what has happened. I would love to think you can do things just one time and it happens but that is not the case. I know you love you SO so stay on their hineys until you get some results.

Edited by castaway109 (see edit history)