Fee increase for I-129F October 26

Hello to all on CFL

I am nervously approaching my I-129F filing having returned from my wonderful journey to China almost two weeks ago. I was reconsidering using hand filled forms so I went to VisaPro to examine their fillable PDFs. There was a news item about a fee increase which I thought I should pass along. The I-129F is going up to $170 from $165. I am glad I saw this since it would have certainly resulted in a preliminary return of my submission for having the wrong fee.

-James

Edited by jemmyell (see edit history)

Thanks for comment !

from Ty's link: New fee, old fee, increase.

USCIS Petitions:

I-129F...Petition for Alien Fiancee......... $170 165 5

I-130... Petition for Alien Relative.......... $190 185 5

AOS

I-485... Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status. \1\$325 315 10

AP

I-131... Application for Travel Document...... $170 165 5

EAD

I-765... Application for Employment Authorization. $180 175 5

\1\ $225 for an applicant under the age of 14 years (a $10 increase from the current $215).

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So in three years the 129f fee has gone from $90 to $170, not to mention all the other documents need to be filed by Immigrants..

Then why do we have to pay a fee to call and get information about ongoing cases???

Way back when we were told the fee's were increasing so they could hire more people and make waiting times much shorter. So how has that worked out for everyone???