Medical exam - in GUZ -4 days B 4 interview

I can not get the Search to work
1 .So please bear with me -the SO says that medical exam NOT can be completed PRIOR to 4 days before the interview ?
can that be right ?
this seems as an un realistic expectation from the GUZ ,
The SO is so excited that I can not be sure that she can think or even see straight right now - but the interview is LOOMING in Front of us so I need to know

2. there are only 2 places listed for the medical exam they are:
First Hospital of Guangzhou Medical College on Yanjiang Road
and
Health Care Centre of Guanzhou International Travel on Shanmain North Road
Does any one have either positive or negative experiences with these to places .
I thought that the Medical college had a bad reputation or trying to extort fees for treating "cure for HIV for Visa applicants
Thanks biggrin.gif

My wife had hers done about two weeks before the interview, but we did not do the final paperwork for the sealed package and pick up the results until two days before the interview.

I can't remember the name of the place, it was less than a 5 minute walk from the old Consulate.

Edited by Gene (see edit history)

My wife and her daughter had their medical examination done at the First Hospital of Guangzhou Medical College. I remember being the good meigua sitting outside waiting. It took them 3 hours but I didn't mind. I was just having fun taking in the sights. I watched the group go from one building to another.

That was on a Monday morning and we picked up the results the following Wednesday. The interview was on Thursday October 23rd.

so am I understanding this right, there are only 2 places that are accepted for the med exams?

For a list of approved locations to have the medical:

Consulate Guangzhou website:

http://www.usembassy-china.org.cn/guangzho...edicalexam.html

Usually you can have the medical one day and pickup the next, with expedited service (about 100 yuan extra).

If you think you'll be pressed for time, to be safe, call ahead and check on a few issues:

1) Will they give a reserved time ?

2) Any holiday issues to be aware of (for next day(s)) ?

3) Can you get expedited service and pickup when ?

The P4 FAQ will have many comments about the medical, from past members...

FAQ

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=11293

I recall more comments about people going to the International one from postings...

good luck !

1 .So please bear with me -the SO says that medical exam NOT can be completed PRIOR to 4 days before the interview ?

can that be right ?

The SO is so excited that I can not be sure that she can think or even see straight right now - but the interview is LOOMING in Front of us so I need to know

2. there are only 2 places listed for the medical exam  they are:

and

Does any one have either positive or negative experiences with these to places .

I thought that the Medical college had a bad reputation or trying to extort fees for treating "cure for HIV for Visa applicants

Thanks  :D

162526[/snapback]

Because Jingwen's interview came on the heels of a holiday, she went to Guangzhou about two weeks in advance. The results were waiting for us when we returned a couple of days before the interview.

Jingwen was pleased with Health Care Center of Guangdong International Travel - prompt, courteous, and efficient. We ended up going back after the interview for vaccinations.

In response to HanLi's post, here is a listing of all the facilities in the area: http://www.usembassy-china.org.cn/guangzho...edicalexam.html

Other cities also have facilities.

can that be right ?

2. there are only 2 places listed for the medical exam  they are:

and

Thanks  :lol:

162526[/snapback]

Because Jingwen's interview came on the heels of a holiday, she went to Guangzhou about two weeks in advance. The results were waiting for us when we returned a couple of days before the interview.

Jingwen was pleased with Health Care Center of Guangdong International Travel - prompt, courteous, and efficient. We ended up going back after the interview for vaccinations.

In response to HanLi's post, here is a listing of all the facilities in the area: http://www.usembassy-china.org.cn/guangzho...edicalexam.html

Other cities also have facilities.

162593[/snapback]

Frank,

Thanks, it seems Shanghai would be best for physical for my wife. I didn't see that in the link.

Frank,

Thanks, it seems Shanghai would be best for physical for my wife.  I didn't see that in the link.

162628[/snapback]

David's FAQ's list one topic about taking the exam in Shanghai:

A.1.15.5

Shanghai Hospital Procedure explained:

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=10744&hl=

Joanne has recently supplemented this information: http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=13440