LOOKING AHEAD

Everyone:

Our interview date has been set, and of course we still have that hurdle to clear (by the way, did I mention how ecstatic I am?). But, being as obsessive-compulsive as I tend to be, I am now looking forward to what happens after she arrives here. I have made contact with the local high school for her daughter so we can figure out what we need to do about getting her enrolled. But what about the green card, social security info, forms, fees, timelines, etc. Does CFL have any links to resolve those questions? Do I need to to get a lawyer (again)? Do I need to take out a loan? Do I need a tranquilizer?

Thanks.

Fred

Everyone:

Our interview date has been set, and of course we still have that hurdle to clear (by the way, did I mention how ecstatic I am?).  But, being as obsessive-compulsive as I tend to be, I am now looking forward to what happens after she arrives here.  I have made contact with the local high school for her daughter so we can figure out what we need to do about getting her enrolled.  But what about the green card, social security info, forms, fees, timelines, etc.  Does CFL have any links to resolve those questions?  Do I need to to get a lawyer (again)?  Do I need to take out a loan?  Do I need a tranquilizer?

Thanks.

Fred

162504[/snapback]

Fred,

There's a ton of information here detailing all those things you ask. Seek and ye shall find!

But in general, you need to file the I-485 for both to start with. You can also file the I-765 for the employment card and the I-131 for Advance Parole, to leave and enter the US, if you want to or need to.

There's much info here on the social security scene also.

On the school thing for your stepdaughter, she will need the required shots, ie., the MMR, Tetanus, and Hep B. The school will request this soon after her enrollment if she hasn't had these shots.

Hope this helps and the best to you all on interview day!

Does CFL have any links to resolve those questions?
Yes, and there's even a separate forum (AOS & Immigration Challenges)
Do I need to to get a lawyer (again)?
Nah. :lol:
Do I need to take out a loan?
Not unless you want to use a lawyer. :lol:
Do I need a tranquilizer?
That depends on how significant your Cheetos withdrawal will be. :ph34r:

For now I'd suggest that you survive getting the Visa--then take 9 tranquilizers and three gallons of good down home TN moonshine---distilled the old fashion way-in a car radiator.

Once she is here and your head stops hurting, then an only then do you need to worry about what to do next!!

Fred, oh Fred.... don't forget to ask her to bring her favorite mop, as your training will begin very quickly upon her arrival. Remember to take it like a man....

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:ph34r: