How Many K1's Still Pending?

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My Fiancee (Rosy) was Interviewed September 16, 2002.

The most recent submission was January 4, 2003.

I hope my sweetheart's K-1 will be cleared soon - the waiting has been painful indeed. :greenblob:

Barry (& Rosy)

Grand Rapids, MI and Wuhan, Hubei

Guest waterandfish

interview: nov. 22, 2002

resumit: jan. 04, 2003

my bf just called dos again, the lady was not kind. :lol: she just said "nothing yet". i feel that she even didn't check our case at all. is it too difficult fr those bad attitude people to show their grin?!

Mick, I want to make sure something. Thx!

Are all K visas including which are resubmitted in the middle or end of Jan. are  following the old process while other immigrant visas r following the new process? No one knows which process will be faster?

Jennifer:

As best as I could understand it, the January K1 resubmissions followed the old route of going to DoS and then to DoJ, who in turn sent them to FBI. As far as I know, this has not changed. Other family based visas including CR1, IR, and K-3 went on a special disk directly to FBI. It should be noted, however, that these family based submissions were all back-logged cases. I am not sure they will follow this process in the future. It may have been a one time deal to clear out the back log. :blink:

I want to thank all of you who responded to this thread. I would appreciate it if you could remember to PM me when you hear about any progress on your case. I want to study the time lines just to see what degree of improvement has been made and have hard data at my disposal if and when I need to meet with Richard Adams again.

Mick, I want to make sure something. Thx!

Are all K visas including which are resubmitted in the middle or end of Jan. are  following the old process while other immigrant visas r following the new process? No one knows which process will be faster?

Jennifer:

As best as I could understand it, the January K1 resubmissions followed the old route of going to DoS and then to DoJ, who in turn sent them to FBI. As far as I know, this has not changed. Other family based visas including CR1, IR, and K-3 went on a special disk directly to FBI. It should be noted, however, that these family based submissions were all back-logged cases. I am not sure they will follow this process in the future. It may have been a one time deal to clear out the back log. :blink:

State asked GZ on 1/14 to resub us..Not directly to DoJ/FBI gang as they led us to believe in December/ early january.. GZ complies 1/27 ( Geeez... road runner answer ) , so I have no clue really about old and new system.. I personally do not believe there were any in the first place.

CR-1 (NOT K-1)

Interview Date: Aug. 6

Resubmit: Jan. 13

Next week will mark the 2 year anniversary of my 1st NOA!

For what it's worth David, I think this is inexcusable. Two years????

I admire your patience and diligence in sticking with this mess. We are at sixteen months since 1st NOA and that is bad enough. Two years? That just plain sucks. You dilemma rivals that of Owen. You might want to contact him and compare notes. He has been at it at least that long as well. I think he is IR visa. He is still travelling right now but I think he will be back in Shenyang by this weekend or so.

Hang in there buddy. My prayers are with you.

CR-1 (NOT K-1)

Interview Date: Aug. 6

Resubmit: Jan. 13

Next week will mark the 2 year anniversary of my 1st NOA!

For what it's worth David, I think this is inexcusable. Two years????

I admire your patience and diligence in sticking with this mess. We are at sixteen months since 1st NOA and that is bad enough. Two years? That just plain sucks. You dilemma rivals that of Owen. You might want to contact him and compare notes. He has been at it at least that long as well. I think he is IR visa. He is still travelling right now but I think he will be back in Shenyang by this weekend or so.

Hang in there buddy. My prayers are with you.

David,

It is hard to believe that it is taking more than 2 years for the K1. I heard long wait for K3. My gal's case is taking more than 14 months now.

Like Mick said, we just to hang in here and prey. :rolleyes: