This is both good news and bad news for me. I just returned from China ..... Now I am reading this!!! I am on the phone with DOS now. Our P3 was returned in mid July........ If this is true - Her interview should be in November...... yes?

Scott

DOS just told me that her application is still "going through administrative processing"................ I don't know what that means?

Edited by m-coon (see edit history)

There are only a few showing this 'speed up' so far.. hard to know how consistently it will ripple outward... but keep calling DOS...

Re: Administrative Processing. If this goes longer than normal, it can affect the interview date...

Administrative processing is a catch all term. I've seen it used in many different situations but it usually means a holding pattern for something to finish up before a determination can be made. What specific step is being taken is very hard to guess at.

155342[/snapback]

Singularis67 reported a fast P3 to P4...

I just heard from a member (offline) of a equally fast P3 to P4 ... and interview set in Nov...

---

If you had returned your P3 prior to mid-August.. I'd start calling DOS once a week ...

DOS phone number:  1-202-663-1225

161173[/snapback]

Does anyone remember the numbers you need to punch in after you make a call to get a DOS operator to inquire about your case? It never fails but I always seem to spend too much time listening to there options.

DOS Inquiry (202) 663-1225 /1/0

By pass the recording by pressing one, then 0, it will put you in the waiting queue.

I found on a previous post

Edited by BillV 8-16-2004 (see edit history)

We always see a range of the number of days wait from a P3 to P4 and corresponding Interview. While it is heartening to see one person get an interview in 60 days, and their total process time of 6 months (That is the shocker for me), I would like to see more numbers before assuming a significant overall speed up, and an indication that the name check process is being done quickly. We know that if GUZ would schedule the interview the moment the name check was completed, we would see faster processing times. We have seen this happen before, where the tail end people within an interview month group can get a faster interview. If Scheduling is done each week, I would also expect a faster turn around if this will become the new method of handling the paperwork. Need more numbers I think.

For November Interviews so far:

Number of days from P3 letter date to Interview date (In P3 date order) For CFL Members

Number of days from P3 letter date to Interview date (In P3 date order) For 001 Members

As some people know, I have long argued that your P3 date is what matters for tracking. When the numbers are ordered by P3 dates we can see the appearence of a reduction in time for each interview month by this method.

We always see a range of the number of days wait from a P3 to P4 and corresponding Interview.  While it is heartening to see one person get an interview in 60 days, and their total process time of 6 months (That is the shocker for me), I would like to see more numbers before assuming a significant overall speed up, and an indication that the name check process is being done quickly. We know that if GUZ would schedule the interview the moment the name check was completed, we would see faster processing times. We have seen this happen before, where the tail end people within an interview month group can get a faster interview. If Scheduling is done each week, I would also expect a faster turn around if this will become the new method of handling the paperwork. Need more numbers I think.

For November Interviews so far:

Number of days from P3 letter date to Interview date (In P3 date order) For CFL Members

Number of days from P3 letter date to Interview date (In P3 date order) For 001 Members

As some people know, I have long argued that your P3 date is what matters for tracking. When the numbers are ordered by P3 dates we can see the appearence of a reduction in time for each interview month by this method.

161252[/snapback]

I am kind of puzzled by how GUZ assign the interview date. We got our p4 on Oct 3, but was scheduled in late NOV, where as some have just got their notices, but scheduled in earler NOV. :( :)

Guest ShaQuaNew

I also agree. These rapid approvals and interviews do appear to be abberrations. There will need to be considerable others given rapid approval before one can assume a speed up....Like me.... :)

Right, so it's most likely that it will take sometime between 9 months and forever or anything in between...... :)

161259[/snapback]

for most people, there is a narrower range we could state instead of forever...

The outliers would be the few caught in 'checks' and 'adminstrative processing'...

Would be interesting to know what the rough ratio is.. maybe 1:30 fall into a delay, if that...

Guest ShaQuaNew
Right, so it's most likely that it will take sometime between 9 months and forever or anything in between...... :)

161259[/snapback]

for most people, there is a narrower range we could state instead of forever...

The outliers would be the few caught in 'checks' and 'adminstrative processing'...

Would be interesting to know what the rough ratio is.. maybe 1:30 fall into a delay, if that...

161261[/snapback]

Indeed forever is a long time so it will surely be less than that. The only predictable part of the entire Visa process is that it's covered in a beaureaucratic wrapper. It's a good thing to know the current trends however.