Delivery Time for Package 4?

Look at my time line. The date DOS told me it was sent was the date they issued the letter. The actually date they sent it out is different from what they told me on the phone. I would think that DOS can only give me a date which GUZ gives to them through the computer. The date which GUZ places on the letter and informs DOS might not be the date they assembly the packet and or mail it out.

The Department of State (DOS) stateside office has access to the consulates' computer files and can often provide informations more quickly than waiting for an e-mail response from the post. You can call DOS at (202) 663-1225, press 1 then 0 (I think) to get to a live person who can provide some information.

As you can see from my timeline, Jingwen received her P4 barely two weeks before the interview. I was getting ready to follow up at two weeks, if it didn't arrive. The consulate had to re-send the P3, so I was a little concerned about the P4. If you don't receive the P4 soon, I'd start making some inquiries.

Oh, congratulations on the interview date. Good luck.

Thanks!  I certainly hope she receives P4 soon...everything has gone pretty smoothly so far...

Randy and Hanxi

160872[/snapback]

I saw that between P3 and P4, it can range anywhere between 63 to 180 days. The fastest so far is 63 days. Yours (from your timeline) is a record-breaking 35 days! Really fast! Is Guangzhou moving at much faster speed now or is your case special? Congratulations !

Edited by Stone (see edit history)
:greenblob:  :cheering:  :clapping: Congratulations! :redblob:  :redblob:  :drunk:

It seems to me that the outcome of most cases are pre-determined. :bangin:

161839[/snapback]

Thanks everyone for the well-wishes!!

Joanne... ;) What do you mean "pre-determined"?

Randy and Hanxi

161866[/snapback]

Randy - One suggestion. Get a list of VO's past questions, and prepare your SO on the answers - particularly how much in depth she knows your family and the method of communication. My laopo mentioned about one young lady who speaks English, a college graduate, and apparently quite smart, but stumbled on questions related to her knowledge of her American fiance's family and his past marriage. It seems there is no time for hesitancy or thinking how to answer the question.

Ask David Zixuan for the list that he compiled a few months ago. I sent a copy of David's list to my laopo and she prepared the answers for any of them. She also got another list from 001 website. It was an arduous task, like studying for an exam, but well worth it and you can prepare answers on some of the irrelevant questions.

I read some posts of negative interview results, and one big reason was the uncertainty and nervousness of the answers. By practicing, your SO will go to the interview with much greater confidence. I drilled my laopo with some tough and cynical questions (i.e. I acted like an SOB VO, just in case she would be interviewed by one). Luckily most SO's don't know enough American way of talking to know when the VO is being sarcastic and obnoxious. However, some sarcastic questions can be difficult to answer properly.

My laopo was interviewed by a gentleman and it was a pleasant interview.

Edited by bubbafred10 (see edit history)