I-693 question

Am confused by the need for a medical exam.

per this website

FAQ I-693

Ks: If you were admitted to the United States as a fiance(e) (K-1), child of a fiance(e) (K-2), Spouse of a U.S. citizen (K-3), or child of K-3 (K-4), and received a medical examination prior to admission, then you do not require another medical examination as long as your application for adjustment of status (Form I-485) is filed within one year of your overseas medical examination. You will, however, be required to submit a vaccination supplement with our adjustment of status application. The vaccination supplement must be completed by a designated civil surgeon."

So what does a Civil Surgeon need to do with I-693 if a medical exam is not required?

I think the Civil Surgeon just needs to fill out the supplemental worksheet

here

I'm a little confused, too...just where does that medical packet go once we go through customs? The same place we send the AOS?

158408[/snapback]

Yes, they will have the med packet and EVERYTHING else you ever sent them or they sent you at the AOS interview!!

The vaccination supplement must be completed by a designated civil surgeon

Has nothing to do with the medical exam.

158447[/snapback]

If you had vaccinations in China bring your vaqcciantion booklet, transalted into English, to the cicil surgeon. He will update shots and fill out the I-693 vaccination supplement-put it in a sealed envelope and you are ready to go.

The vaccination supplement must be completed by a designated civil surgeon

Has nothing to do with the medical exam.

158447[/snapback]

If you had vaccinations in China bring your vaqcciantion booklet, transalted into English, to the cicil surgeon. He will update shots and fill out the I-693 vaccination supplement-put it in a sealed envelope and you are ready to go.

158450[/snapback]

Called around and after having several Civil Surgeons want to do a complete medical exam, found one that will look at her yellow book and sign the forms. Neither she nor her daughter need to show up. $40 each