What we learned at GZ

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mick,

I'm VERY sorry to hear about the accident.  Hope you feel better soon, and thanks for all of your help.  I know that it was a major hassle for you and Owen, and I know that I speak for all of us when I tell you how much I appreciate it.

Tex, you said it well :) Thank you so much for your efforts to get some answers Owen and Mick. Mick, call your lawyer yet? :)

Hey, if that were a bus accident here (states) some ambulance chaser would already be on the phone to you! :)

Best wishes, and prayers for a speedy recovery.

Aloha to Owen and Mick,

Thanks for your effort. We must all keep the heat on them and watch them to

make them keep the promises made. The function of diplomacy is to prolong

a crisis not resolve it. We need to expose this scandal and force the upper

levels of management to resolve this problem.

Myles aka Annakuen'GG

I'll get back on later today and answer more questions.  A few important points right now.  

Adams did say that they have up-graded their system to where they can now, in a pinch, print and process up to 1000 visas a day.  He has told DOS that they can do somewhere around 600-800 a day sustainably.  He also said that they will continue to devote their time entirely to processing cleared names anytime they anticipate getting a large number of clearances in a short time.  Thus it is important for DOS and DOJ to keep him notified as to when to expect these large batches.  Apparently FBI tends to process large batches at once.

As for my wife's case:  It was royally messed up.  He looked her case up because I kept insisting that DOS said no submission had been made in the process and he kept insisting that it had to have been submitted.  He determined that she had passed her security clearance back in November of 2000.  That is no typo folks.  He also did not try to avoid GZ's error in telling us that we would have to file a new case and start over when they wrongly scheduled our daughter as the fiancee.  He said that it was really an unforgivable error since they could have shown up on the day of the interview and gotten the problem straightend out.  I immediately responded with, "Good!  If she has passed the security check, then what are we waiting for?  Issue a visa!"  He then spent some time trying to explain his way out of that one, but he kept backing himself into a corner and I kept saying, "Then just issue a visa!"  He finally had his staff do a specific search for the cable to Washington in July for the submission of her name and to see if her name was on the disk that went to the FBI.  They could not come up with the cable number for July, but produced a computer print out of names and case numbers that supposedly proved it went to DOS.  I told him that regardless, DOS did not have the name.   The search to see if she was on the computer disk that went to the FBI went a little better.  Her name was on it.  Therefore, her first submission was effectively on January 10th.  Again, her name might be in the list they had just started to process.  

More later.

Owen

I thought you are Mick. How come you signed "Owen"? You must be tired.

Tony:

Owen is at my house, so used my computer which automatically logs onto the board and posts under my avatar. He signed his own name though. So the info about his wife's case was his, not mine. :lol:

I think that I was Owen. Owen was using Mick's computer, got the Mick's cookie, and automatically signed in.

OMG! :( Eric wants to french him and Owen has his cookie! :D :lol: ;) :P :P

You see what a hell of a mess I'm in now Don? :D :D :o

Bus accident was nothing compared to this turn of events. ;) Keep that Frenchman away from me. And Owen is still here and still using my cookie. :o

I think that I was Owen. Owen was using Mick's computer, got the Mick's cookie, and automatically signed in.

OMG! :D Eric wants to french him and Owen has his cookie! :P :lol: :( :P ;)

You see what a hell of a mess I'm in now Don? :D :o :o

Bus accident was nothing compared to this turn of events. ;) Keep that Frenchman away from me. And Owen is still here and still using my cookie. ;)

I don't want to hear anymore. This has been to much information for me. I am going to bed!! :o :D

OMG! :lol: Eric wants to french him and Owen has his cookie! :lol: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

You see what a hell of a mess I'm in now Don? :o :o :o

Bus accident was nothing compared to this turn of events. ;) Keep that Frenchman away from me. And Owen is still here and still using my cookie. :o

Mick,

We are proud of you.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://espn.go.com/moresports/news/2003/02...11/1507539.html

Kerry blue terrier Mick top in show at Westminster

Associated Press

NEW YORK -- When it comes to Triple Crown winners in New York, there was only one Mick. That is, until a Kerry blue terrier came along.

Handler Bill McFadden holds Mick after the Kerry blue terrier added Westminster best in show to his trophy case.

Mick the dog captured the only title he'd never won, walking away with best in show at Westminster on Tuesday night.

OMG! :lol: Eric wants to french him and Owen has his cookie! :lol: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

You see what a hell of a mess I'm in now Don? :o :o :o

Mick,

We are proud of you.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://espn.go.com/moresports/news/2003/02...11/1507539.html

Kerry blue terrier Mick top in show at Westminster

Associated Press

NEW YORK -- When it comes to Triple Crown winners in New York, there was only one Mick. That is, until a Kerry blue terrier came along.

Handler Bill McFadden holds Mick after the Kerry blue terrier added Westminster best in show to his trophy case.

Mick the dog captured the only title he'd never won, walking away with best in show at Westminster on Tuesday night.

Gee Tony, are you now comparing me to a dog???? ;) :o :o

At least it was an Irish dog. B)

Mick or Owen.  Did he say exactly what the "print and process up to 1000 visas a day "  refers to?  In other words, what is the processing?  Just handing out the visas?  Or from entering in the computers to out the door?

Thanks.

that would mean 21 GZ people per day taking only 10 mns total process time per visa and working 8 hrs a day. :lol:

Mick or Owen.  Did he say exactly what the "print and process up to 1000 visas a day "  refers to?  In other words, what is the processing?  Just handing out the visas?  Or from entering in the computers to out the door?

Thanks.

that would mean 21 GZ people per day taking only 10 mns total process time per visa and working 8 hrs a day. :blink:

I think he meant just basically printing them. Nothing more. Owen may have a different take on this but, unfortunately, you'll have to wait a spell to get his view. He and his lovely lady left our place yesterday and are up in Xiamen now visiting their neice. Then Shanghai, then back to the frozen Tundra sometime toward the end of next week.

Again, I think he just meant printing.