about Mick and Owen's GZ trip

Guest jennifer_lam

Guest jennifer_lam

So happy to meet Mick&lili, Owen&Xia, Jonindenver's wife(XieHui)and Jungege&Mr.Zhou. We have a good time together.

Mick and Owen met a supervisor of immigrant unit. They talked a lot. no good news but some information. Mick have written down what they talked. He will post it when he is back. I already post a Chinese version on 001 forum.

Thanks for everybody's effort!

Summarized translation of Jennifer’s post in 001 site.

* Since the implementation of the extra security measure, GZ has issued 2700 visa, while 7300 cases are still in pending. The pending pool is increasing each day.

* When asked why the cases were not processed in order, the answer was that several agents have being doing the security check, and GZ have no controls of any of those agents.

* Why Chinese cases are being processed so slowly? GZ answered that because no body from China wouldn’t likely connect to terrorists, and FBI has to set high priority to process visa cases of people from the regions that are potentially dangerous to US.

* Owen and Mick are preparing a detailed report which will provide the detailed and accurate information obtained from this interview.

Thank Jennifer for posting the message. Of course, thank Owen and Mick for helping us to know the truth.

Hi Jason, thanks for the translation. It is good to know there are others going through the same bureaucratic nightmare - although I wish this on no one.

Again, I am perplexed at the logic behind the reason these visas are taking so long. If the threat is related to terrorists, shouldn't the Chinese visas take a shorter amount of time?

Mark, I am perplexed too. I guess that FBI's logic is that if they will never find a terrorist among Chinese visa applicant, why so hurry in processing those case? After all, cathing terrorists are the first priority for them.

Now we can ask them, "why do you need to waste your time to impose this extra check in the first place?"

Sorry, a typo in the prevous message.

GZ answered that because no body from China would likely connect to terrorists, and FBI has to set high priority to process visa cases of people from the regions that are potentially dangerous to US.

Thanks for the info (Jennifer and Jason),

If nobody from China would likely connect to terrorists, then why there is a need for background check anyway. Many people from other countries don't get check (like European countries).

Guest jennifer_lam

Mick and Owen also said they can't accept their reasons and logic. But they still understand what the supervisor thinking in his mind.

Moreover, 1200cases sent back GZ last 2 weeks. but most r not interview approved.

The supervisor also said it was no use keeping asking them to resubmit cases. The computer won't accept it again within 90 days.

We walked around GZ consulate and met two young people. they r brother and sister. they interviewed on the first day after CNY. The brother can get to visa after interview but sister still need to wait for clearence.

Let's wait for Mick and Owen's report about this interview.

Let me see If I have this straight....

Our visas are being delayed because they are not a high priority in that they don't really pose a security risk to the USA? Therefore there is no need to process them in a timely fashion? But if I were by chance to marry a Pakistani/Saudi/Iraqi woman, I could then expect a fast processing of our visa? Because she is a threat?????????If this is true I am going to have to adjust my blood pressure medication!!!!!!!!

:D :angry: :angry: :angry:

Dave