Is this enough evidence?

Hello, My husband has his interview at the end of next month!!! Wooo Hooo!!!

I have the following as evidence:

- Letters to my husband with postmarked enveoples

- Phone bills

- bank wire sent money receipts

the only concern my lawyer has is:

-the 2002 taxes we used my mothers taxes because I was a student and not working on the books. My mother made only about $14,??? that year working part time , I have a certified bank letter stating that I had about $75,000 in deposits in 2002 (I was a freelance web designer) and am in the process of filing ammended tax return for 2002 when i file taxes for 2005) In 2003 I got employed for a company that I am still working for, I have taxes for 2003 and 2004 , 2005 cannot be filed yet.

I also have a bank letter stating that from jan 2005 until september 20th 2005 $29,000 was deposited as of 9/20/2005, this bank letter does not state how much my balance is as of now. so my question is the above enough financial proof to be approved? I really wanted not to include the 2002 bank letter because the INS might have an issue as to why taxes were not filed yet! Any advice is greatly apreciated because my lawyer is making me feel like Miao will not get approved ! :D

- Phone bills

-the 2002 taxes we used my mothers taxes because I was a student and not working on the books. My mother made only about $14,??? that year working part time , I have a certified bank letter stating that I had about $75,000 in deposits in 2002 (I was a freelance web designer) and am in the process of filing ammended tax return for 2002 when i file taxes for 2005) In 2003 I got employed for a company that I am still working for, I have taxes for 2003 and 2004 , 2005 cannot be filed yet.

I also have a bank letter stating that from jan 2005 until september 20th 2005 $29,000 was deposited as of 9/20/2005, this bank letter does not state how much my balance is as of now. so my question is the above enough financial proof to be approved? I really wanted not to include the 2002 bank letter because the INS might have an issue as to why taxes were not filed yet! Any advice is greatly apreciated because my lawyer is making me feel like Miao will not get approved ! :D

156599[/snapback]

Yes i have all of our marriage photos and celebration with his family , and of us together going out,etc. I do have the passport and tickets, visa to china, etc. My main concern is the financial part.... if you read my original post - is it enough?

I also have a bank letter stating that from jan 2005 until september 20th 2005 $29,000 was deposited as of 9/20/2005, this bank letter does not state how much my balance is as of now. so my question is the above enough financial proof to be approved? I really wanted not to include the 2002 bank letter because the INS might have an issue as to why taxes were not filed yet! Any advice is greatly apreciated because my lawyer is making me feel like Miao will not get approved !

They are mostly interested in the current matters. They might make an issue about 2003 but will be more interested in what is happening this year. What about your pay receipt records like check copies. The bank may have these printable on the internet for you. Bank statements for the past 6 months would support the bank letter and provide the balance. Do you have a letter of employment from the current employer? All of this would over come the 2002 tax report. Do include 2002. If you leave gaps they could ask for more evidence requiring another interview. Better to include it and give current evidence described above to show how your finances improved.

Good luck!

- Phone bills

156599[/snapback]

Yes i have all of our marriage photos and celebration with his family , and of us together going out,etc. I do have the passport and tickets, visa to china, etc. My main concern is the financial part.... if you read my original post - is it enough?

I also have a bank letter stating that from jan 2005 until september 20th 2005 $29,000 was deposited as of 9/20/2005, this bank letter does not state how much my balance is as of now. so my question is the above enough financial proof to be approved? I really wanted not to include the 2002 bank letter because the INS might have an issue as to why taxes were not filed yet! Any advice is greatly apreciated because my lawyer is making me feel like Miao will not get approved !

156609[/snapback]

It all sounds like more than enough. Just to be safe include year to date income!

They are mostly interested in the current matters. They might make an issue about 2003 but  will be more interested in what is happening this year. What about your pay receipt records like check copies. The bank may have these printable on the internet for you. Bank statements for the past 6 months would support the bank letter and provide the balance. Do you have a letter of employment from the current employer? All of this would over come the 2002 tax report. Do include 2002. If you leave gaps they could ask for more evidence requiring another interview. Better to include it and give current evidence described above to show how your finances improved.

Good luck!

156610[/snapback]

I do have an employment letter - as for having a balance - I do not have one - I do not keep money in the bank because I have a judgement on me from a credit card I had when i was 16...so i do not keep money in the bank- as soon as money clears I take it out. I get paid on a per job basis via wire transfer. So my lawyer is saying this is not good enough!!! :D

Well, if you follow what I did, you may not have any problems at all;

Here is what all I sent in with the orriginal I129:

aprox 4,000 pages of Yahoo, MSN & AIM Chats

4 Months of Phone bills

1 30 min Video Tape of us walking through Down Town Nanning (Making a fool of ourselves)

2 hour Audio tape of our Online chats

3 years of Noterized Taxes

Noterized copies of letters from employers, personal close friends of reccomendations, Copies of the past 6 months of check stubs

About 200 photos from various trips while I was there the 1st time.

All In All, it took 1 1/2 Boxes (Paper Ream Boxes)

Hi,  I guess if your 2004 tax returns show income above 125% poverty line, then you should be OK. Otherwise, the difference has to be made up with the bank assets.  Also you need an employer in the USA to show your US. domicile.

156614[/snapback]

I live in the USA and so does my employer, my tax return for 2004 is $18,100, am i 125% above the poverty line?

So is the below enough?

-mother's tax return for 2002 only $14,???.00

-2003 tax return for $16,500.00

-2004 tx return for $18,100.00

-certified bank letter stating account date open and total deposits for year 2005 totaling 29,000 as of sept 2005

-employment letter stating how long I have been employed and that I am still employed by this company and how much I made so far

-if needed certified wire transfers from the manager of the company to me

Hi,?I guess if your 2004 tax returns show income above 125% poverty line, then you should be OK. Otherwise, the difference has to be made up with the bank assets.?Also you need an employer in the USA to show your US. domicile.

156614[/snapback]

I live in the USA and so does my employer, my tax return for 2004 is $18,100, am i 125% above the poverty line? 

So is the below enough?

-certified bank letter stating account date open and total deposits for year 2005 totaling 29,000 as of sept 2005

-employment letter stating how long I have been employed and that I am still employed by this company and how much I made so far

-if needed certified wire transfers from the manager of the company to me

156618[/snapback]

It depends on how many people live in your household. Will you have a child living in your household (such as your child or his child)? Do you live in Alaska, which requires higher threshold? Remember any income difference (gap) has to be made by five times the asset level. For instance, if your income fall $10K short, you need $50K in bank assets to make that up. Also 2004 tax returns matter the most.

Look at link below for your guidance:

http://uscis.gov/graphics/formsfee/forms/i-864P.htm

And click "the I-864P (03/22/05) Edition for 2005. PDF 79 KB)" at the bottom.

Hi,?I guess if your 2004 tax returns show income above 125% poverty line, then you should be OK. Otherwise, the difference has to be made up with the bank assets.?Also you need an employer in the USA to show your US. domicile.

156614[/snapback]

So is the below enough?

-if needed certified wire transfers   from the manager of the company to me

156618[/snapback]

It depends on how many people live in your household. Will you have a child living in your household (such as your child or his child)? Do you live in Alaska, which requires higher threshold? Remember any income difference (gap) has to be made by five times the asset level. For instance, if your income fall $10K short, you need $50K in bank assets to make that up. Also 2004 tax returns matter the most.

Look at link below for your guidance:

http://uscis.gov/graphics/formsfee/forms/i-864P.htm

And click "the I-864P (03/22/05) Edition for 2005. PDF 79 KB)" at the bottom.

156622[/snapback]

bank assets meaning total deposits or current balance, I live in NYC. Things go hard for me because both my parents have cancer and I am really depressed right not thinking I may not be able to have my husband here for me!!!

Christina,

follow some of the advice you have received here, and provide the latest information on your income.... we are all pulling for you.. best wishes and good luck

What I see is that the original poster is married and her husband has an interview soon.

Unless this interview is for a K3 visa then NO I-134 will be needed at all and technically, an I-134 isn't even needed for K3, but that's another matter.

So,,,this is either an IR1/CR1 interview and it either went thru the proper channels by filing stateside or it is a direct consular filing which in either case needs the I-864 and should've been already submitted unless DCF submits the I-864 at time of interview.

So, which is it?