Got Green Card Today!

Jen got her Green Card today! It's the permanent 10 year Green Card. Since the AOS approval date was after our two year anniversary, we got the permanent card without having to do the 2 year conditional.

We got the letter to make the appointment for processing at the local office about 4 days after passing the AOS interview. We went into the Las Vegas office on 9/1/05 for the fingerprints and gave them two photos. The officer stamped the I-551 in Jen's passport good for one year. She said that sometimes the Green Card will get mailed in less than 3 months. It was less than 3 weeks! Oh, and we also got two Welcome to America letters today too.

We are elated Jen's is done :D but we are still waiting to complete her daughter's which is still pending the security checks since she turned 14 during this whooooooooole process. :unsure:

Edited by Tom & Jen (see edit history)

Congratulations... and good luck on getting the daughters soon!!!! :)

Jen got her Green Card today! It's the permanent 10 year Green Card. Since the AOS approval date was after our two year anniversary, we got the permanent card without having to do the 2 year conditional.

We got the letter to make the appointment for processing at the local office about 4 days after passing the AOS interview. We went into the Las Vegas office on 9/1/05 for the fingerprints and gave them two photos. The officer stamped the I-551 in Jen's passport good for one year. She said that sometimes the Green Card will get mailed in less than 3 months. It was less than 3 weeks! Oh, and we also got two Welcome to America letters today too.

We are elated Jen's is done  :blink: but we are still waiting to complete her daughter's which is still pending the security checks since she turned 14 during this whooooooooole process. ;)

155747[/snapback]

...and it's a cool looking card too, isn't it??? I want one now!...:wacko:

Congratulations! The ordeal is over. My wife's green card came fast after the AOS interview too. Also like you she got two welcome to America letters. It seems the delay is getting the interview not getting the green card afterwards.