Another Question to follow up with what I had aske

Hi Everybody,

This is a "follow up" question to one I asked last week. I thought I would get more attention to the question if I started it new - rather than posting my additional concerns to the older question... Hope this is ok?

I now have much more understanding about the K3 vs CR1.

My problem is that my wife is now asking a lot of questions that I really do not know how to answer...... It seems that a friend of hers filed CR1 and this woman is on about the same track as my wife. My wife is now thinking that our lawyer made the wrong choice for us (going K3) - and she is not very happy.

How do I convince her that the lawyer made a wise choice for us (whether he did or not)???

I did not know there was more than one choice when I began this process - I hired a lawyer from the beginning and just did as he asked. I am happy with his work and I just would like for my wife to also be happy with him. If he made a bad choice for us - We cannot do anything about it now. But I would feel better if the wife also felt the correct choice was made for us!!! Any advice on what to tell her?

Thanks,

m-coon

You have petitioned for a CR-1 with the I-130. You need to explain to her that you love her so much you filed for BOTH K-3 amd CR-1.

What is the current status of your I-130?

When both are filed you take which every ship leaves the dock first. If you had not filed for the K-3 she might be waiting longer to get here.

Good Luck trying to explain the difference between the Vermont Service Center and the Texas Service Center :D

Edited by Gene (see edit history)
You have petitioned for a CR-1 with the I-130. You need to explain to her that you love her so much you filed for BOTH K-3 amd CR-1.

What is the current status of your I-130?

When both are filed you take which every ship leaves the dock first. If you had not filed for the K-3 she might be waiting longer to get here.

Good Luck trying to explain the difference between the Vermont Service Center and the Texas Service Center :D

155589[/snapback]

The attorney told me that the I-130 has not been approved.... This is all I know.

But you did make a good point - because her friend filed in Texas - perhaps this is why they are running similar timeline for interview?

Thanks So Much!!!

Scott

Don't forget that you always have the option to fall on your sword to please her, :D remembering that no matter what process you are going through she will always locate an Authority in China who has done it better and faster. :D

Your job is to tell her you love her and accept any and all abuse for not being as fast as her friends husband, but who knows if the processing time goes well for you then the other guy will get it from his SO. It's a race that no mortal man can win, you just hope to survive. :D :D

The attorney told me that the I-130 has not been approved.... This is all I know.

But you did make a good point - because her friend filed in Texas - perhaps this is why they are running similar timeline for interview?

Thanks So Much!!!

Scott

155590[/snapback]

Then your CR-1 is way behind schedule and had you not filed for the K-3 it would probably be another 9 or 10 months before she got an interview. You must be a very smart man to do both :D Now just convice her of that :D

Hi Everybody,

This is a "follow up" question to one I asked last week. I thought I would get more attention to the question if I started it new - rather than posting my additional concerns to the older question... Hope this is ok?

My problem is that my wife is now asking a lot of questions that I really do not know how to answer...... It seems that a friend of hers filed CR1 and this woman is on about the same track as my wife. My wife is now thinking that our lawyer made the wrong choice for us (going K3) - and she is not very happy.

How do I convince her that the lawyer made a wise choice for us (whether he did or not)???

I did not know there was more than one choice when I began this process - I hired a lawyer from the beginning and just did as he asked. I am happy with his work and I just would like for my wife to also be happy with him. If he made a bad choice for us - We cannot do anything about it now. But I would feel better if the wife also felt the correct choice was made for us!!! Any advice on what to tell her?

Thanks,

m-coon

155586[/snapback]

You have the P-3 already?

You just have to be honest with your wife, tell her that you relied upon the attorney to represent you both in your best interests... based on information in hand at that time.

when did you submit the I-130?

A more complete timeline would be helpful..

good luck...

Hi Everybody,

Thanks,

m-coon

155586[/snapback]

You have the P-3 already?

You just have to be honest with your wife, tell her that you relied upon the attorney to represent you both in your best interests... based on information in hand at that time.

when did you submit the I-130?

A more complete timeline would be helpful..

good luck...

155594[/snapback]

The I-130 and the I-129 were both filed sometime in March 2005.

And the P3 papers were accepted by GZ on September 9, 2005.

I'm getting good ideas here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks,

Scott

You did nothing wrong. By filing both the I-130 and I-129F your attorney chose the path that would guarantee you the fastest time line. Now it is just a matter of which one gets to GZ first. If it is close then you can always opt for the CR-1. The only difference is adjusting status in the US. If she gets a CR-1 visa then her status is already adjusted and she will get a green card shortly after entering the US. If she goes K-3 she can come to the US while the I-130 runs it's course then either adjust status here by filing AOS or go back to China for a CR-1 interview and get a green card shortly after coming back to the US. Most opt to file the AOS on the K-3 since it is faster and doesn't involve expensive airfare. Both green cards are conditional unless you have been married for more than 2 years at the time of the AOS or CR-1 interview then it is a permanent green card.

Hi Everybody,

Thanks,

m-coon

155586[/snapback]

I file both in 2003, (our K3 was moving faster than the CR1)

both ended up at GZ about a month apart, They only sent out the P4 for our K3. At the interview, GZ ask my wife which one she would like to process,

she told them CR1.

Just continued with both.

Hi Everybody,

Thanks,

m-coon

155586[/snapback]

I file both in 2003, (our K3 was moving faster than the CR1)

both ended up at GZ about a month apart, They only sent out the P4 for our K3. At the interview, GZ ask my wife which one she would like to process,

she told them CR1.

Just continued with both.

155751[/snapback]

Are you saying that I could still go CR1 if it gets processed about the same time as the K3???

I like the idea of not having to adjust status when she gets here - I beleive this is the primary difference in the end?

Thanks,

Scott

As Gene pointed out.. by sending in the I-130 (which is required first!) you filed for CR1... your lawyer filed I-129F for K3, which is filed second.

You could still process the CR1.. no telling if the lawyer stopped watching it and if you have lost any time in when you could continue it's process..

If I were you, I'd make a few calls to see what is truly the status of the I-130... for your own sanity.

Normally it would go next to NVC and a few exchanges of paperwork occur over the course of two months... then it would forward to GUZ. If it can get to Post (GUZ) prior to the actual K3 interview date, then the CR1 can be done in the place of the K3.. meaning, the CR1 would take the K3 interview slot.

As Gene pointed out.. by sending in the I-130 (which is required first!) you filed for CR1... your lawyer filed I-129F for K3, which is filed second.

You could still process the CR1..  no telling if the lawyer stopped watching it and if you have lost any time in when you could continue it's process..

If I were you, I'd make a few calls to see what is truly the status of the I-130... for your own sanity.

Normally it would go next to NVC and a few exchanges of paperwork occur over the course of two months... then it would forward to GUZ.  If it can get to Post (GUZ) prior to the actual K3 interview date, then the CR1 can be done in the place of the K3.. meaning, the CR1 would take the K3 interview slot.

155814[/snapback]

David,

Who would I call to check the status of this I-130?

The lawyer told me last week that "it has not been approved"....... This is all he has said about it.

Thanks,

Scott