Tourist Visa

I am approximately 1 month away from getting the Case approved. But from what I have heard from everyone on this site it may be another 5-6 months to get an interview?

Is it possible to get my wife a tourist visa for the next 3-5 months? She could stay here and visit and then fly back before her interview.

Any thought or suggestions?

I believe I must write her a letter of invitation. Anything else I need to do?

I am approximately 1 month away from getting the Case approved. But from what I have heard from everyone on this site it may be another 5-6 months to get an interview?

Is it possible to get my wife a tourist visa for the next 3-5 months? She could stay here and visit and then fly back before her interview.

Any thought or suggestions?

I believe I must write her a letter of invitation. Anything else I need to do?

155161[/snapback]

With the other visa pending, I believe the consulate will not issue a tourist visa. I think probably everyone here has looked into that scenario.

The reason, is she is an intending immigrant, and a tourist visa is a non-immigrant visa, and can only be issued to someone who intends to return to China permanently. She intends to come to the US, so therefore, they will not issue the B2.

Welcome to CFL, grab a beer, and cry your sorrows with the rest of us !!

:D

Edited by ameriken (see edit history)

From everything I have read, heard, seen and imagined, your chance of getting a B2 visa while waiting for her K3 or CR1--is maybe one in a few billion. It ain't gonna happen. There are some who say that applying for one may be detremental to your up coming interview.

Remember, the main thing in obtaining a B2 visa is proving strong ties to China--a person waiting for an ,as of yet, unaproved visa to migrate to the USA has proven no ties to China-quite the opposite.

Sorry, your gonna have to wait it out.

Oh, I'm going to delete the duplicate post in the culture and lanuage forum

sorry bud...there are no short cuts or we all would not have waited this long, i waited 7 months since filing and many others here way longer than me, kick back..enjoy the tv to yourself, go to movies to pass the time, it goes quicker than you think.

by the way if and i mean IF she did ever get a B1 visa and stayed she and you can be charged with felony fraud., she signes a paper stating she does not intend to migrate to the US when getting a B1 , i looked into this and a lawyer said she can be expelled from the US under attempt of fraud and if you were to file a 129F and then her file a B1 and both of you knowing this there could be problems, and if the GOV found this out well..lets no think about that just to say chances of her coming are very slim so just kick back and let the system work, there is only a 2% chance of getting turned down at the interview.

Edited by Inxsfan (see edit history)

better get some cheetos instead, you will have more fun... the visa is a no-go.....