Vaccinations done

Maybe it was the post VISA high... the shopping in GUZ or the death rides in the mini-bus in Shenzhen.. but in any case, we forgot to look into vaccinations while in GUZ.

So, we went to BJ international hospital and got the Tetanus and MMR for under $100 yuan... yellow book was $20 yuan.

Took about 5 minutes or more..

First Floor:

1) Fill out paperwork

2) pay for shots

Second Floor

3) Fill out more paperwork (paperwork received after paying?)

4) Get shots

So, we went to BJ international hospital and got the Tetanus and MMR for under $100 yuan... yellow book was $20 yuan.

154260[/snapback]

Which documents did your SO bring?

passport and any pix? I wanna get vaccination done between the P3 and P4.

I guess one don't need to take the Chicken box vaccination as long as one had chicken box before as a child?

The yellow book should hv English if I didn't recall it wrongly but still some people have it notorized in case some designated civil surgeon are too strict about Chinese documents.

I see some people mention shots before leaving China since it will be needed for AOS. What are all the shots required ... I see tetanus, mmr, and mention of chickenpox. Are there any other shots required?

Does the yellow book come in English or does it need to be officially translated? thanks for the answers

It is up to the designated civil surgeon who will decide which shots one needs, usually it is TD (Tetanus, Diphtheria), chicken pox and MMR (Measles, Mumps and Rubella).

Very few immigrants don't accept vaccination from China so some K applicants choose to have the shots done in the states, especially if the insurance covers this part.

However, some people incline to take the shorts in China since they wanna have babies ASAP.

There's lots of info on vaccinations in the FAQ P4...

My SO did not bring anything to the hospital (except maybe her ID)... it's almost like asking for 'over the counter medicine'..  you just say you want the vaccination shots.  But specify wanting the yellow book, which does have english in it as well...

154648[/snapback]

What is the Yellow book?

I just called about six civil surgeons close to my future home to see if here is any who would recognize my "yellow book" or international vaccination certificate and directly sign for my I-693 supplemental form.

Finally I found one office whose secretary got the point as I mentioned about the 693 supplemental form and my international certificate. She said as long as it has English translation and some doctor's stamp or signature, they can sign for it, just 50 bucks.

In my state, it is surprising to find my future insurance says "no coverage for immigration-purpose vaccination".(how nice they treat new comers!) To make it worse, secretaries always confuse 693 form with 693 supplemental before they require me to take a 170 dollar physical examination(no way again).

Here is another way you can do: if your insurance do not cover so-called immigration purpose stuff. Just do a annual physical examination which should usually be covered by insurance.£¨693 is not necessary anyway since almost all us have done that in China). After the examination, show the doctor your yellow book and ask him to sign(cannot see why he would not after the physical examination). Then it is up to your communication skills. Just my 2 cents,hoho~~

Edited by Homeprincess (see edit history)