Chinese people are very disorderly

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

... dresses their babies in split-crotch pants ...

154000[/snapback]

Whoah! Is that not the practice throughout China? Every little kid in Chongqing is in split crotch pants. At first I was really amazed at this practice ... now I have learned to hold little ones very carefully ... and be at the ready to uhhh "aim" them.

:shutup:

154087[/snapback]

;) i noticed that as well....

i think they are showing off that its a boy and very proud of it.... :draw:

154000[/snapback]

Whoah! Is that not the practice throughout China? Every little kid in Chongqing is in split crotch pants. At first I was really amazed at this practice ... now I have learned to hold little ones very carefully ... and be at the ready to uhhh "aim" them.

:whistling:

154087[/snapback]

:ph34r: i noticed that as well....

i think they are showing off that its a boy and very proud of it.... :ph34r:

154116[/snapback]

I often do the same thing--but I keep getting arrested for it??????

I also disagree that pushing is a part of Chinese culture. My husband doesn't push- and gets really frustrated about it in China. He has yelled at people to get off of him on more than one occassion, and his mom told me that this wasn't standard practice either. She said that a few years back people didn't do it. I actually think it can be contributed to the amount of people- and also the increase in money and jobs in China- people have to be on time for their jobs and etc. and in some cities (like Shanghai) the subways don't come frequently enough for the amount of people they are toting.

I am also fascinated by the 'acceptance of culture' and etc. that I hear on the board. Of course we should strive for that but trust me after living in China for a while you find yourself less and less tolerant. When I meet Americans in China I always meet people who go native. They dress the same and always eat Chinese food and strive to be Chinese- there isn't anything wrong with that per se. But it is so striking in contrast to the Chinese people I know in the states. Who still eat Chinese food, decorate their house Chinese, and also get frustrated with things we do in the states. I'm not talking about only my husband- but we do eat a lot of Chinese food and our house looks like a Chinese antique store. I'm cool with that- but why is there such a difference. Is our own culture so pliable that we can give it up freely and transform ourselves?

My husband also told me something about cleanliness in China and the difference between them and, say Japan. He said that once there was an Olympic match or something in Japan, and after the people left the stadium there was not one piece of dirt or trash left behind. My husband says that by this fact you can see how disciplined the Japanese are- more than Chinese- more than Americans.

Edited by sylinchinastill (see edit history)
I am also fascinated by the 'acceptance of culture' and etc. that I hear on the board. Of course we should strive for that but trust me after living in China for a while you find yourself less and less tolerant. When I meet Americans in China I always meet people who go native. They dress the same and always eat Chinese food and strive to be Chinese- there isn't anything wrong with that per se. But it is so striking in contrast to the Chinese people I know in the states. Who still eat Chinese food, decorate their house Chinese, and also get frustrated with things we do in the states. I'm not talking about only my husband- but we do eat a lot of Chinese food and our house looks like a Chinese antique store. I'm cool with that- but why is there such a difference. Is our own culture so pliable that we can give it up freely and transform ourselves?

My husband also told me something about cleanliness in China and the difference between them and, say Japan. He said that once there was an Olympic match or something in Japan, and after the people left the stadium there was not one piece of dirt or trash left behind. My husband says that by this fact you can see how disciplined the Japanese are- more than Chinese- more than Americans.

154133[/snapback]

Because Chinese are traditionalist.

WHY lately does everyone on the candle feel the need to quote someone??? Doesn't anyone think for themselves anymore??  Has whats in vogue or whats trendy completely replaced ones own ability to think??? 

I'm so damned tired of hearing old dead philosophers being quoted ad nausea that i could just puke!!!!!!!!!

Hmmmm, I puke-therefore I am!!

153676[/snapback]

"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants."

Sir Isaac Newton

WHY lately does everyone on the candle feel the need to quote someone??? Doesn't anyone think for themselves anymore??  Has whats in vogue or whats trendy completely replaced ones own ability to think??? 

I'm so damned tired of hearing old dead philosophers being quoted ad nausea that i could just puke!!!!!!!!!

Hmmmm, I puke-therefore I am!!

153676[/snapback]

"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants."

Sir Isaac Newton

154141[/snapback]

BAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrFFFFFFFFfffffffff!!!!!!!

I am also fascinated by the 'acceptance of culture' and etc. that I hear on the board. Of course we should strive for that but trust me after living in China for a while you find yourself less and less tolerant.

154133[/snapback]

Here, here! Things like pushing and spitting and rampant government corruption are funny little quirks to a traveler scribbling in his journal. They become much different things when you deal with them day in and day out, when you stick around long enough to call a foriegn country home and wish it were a little nicer place to live. I don't think wishing people wouldn't push me or spit in my general direction is culturally insensitive. It has more to do with a sense of public order and hygene.

154000[/snapback]

:bleh:

154087[/snapback]

Fredrick's of Hollywood sells those here. Should be a gift of anyone's lao po. :o

154133[/snapback]

Because Chinese are traditionalist.

154134[/snapback]

Well put.. and the good and bad come with that...

154133[/snapback]

I have to agree with your husband. When I was in Tokyo, I was shocked. Subways with no graffiti or litter, clean streets, clean sidewalks, felt perfectly safe walking at night. Compare that with a US city of 3/4 that size (like LA) - or even a Chinese city like Beijing or even Shanghai. It's like night and day.