My wife made a mistake on her P3 documents.....

Hi All,

My attorney said this was not a problem - but I wanted the opinion of the CFL members on this matter.....

My wife misunderstood the directions that my attorney had told her - and completed the 230 and the 169 in MANDARIN - instead of english!!! She had already mailed them before I knew this. She was in a big hurry to mail them back - ha ha - a little too fast!

I contacted my attorney and he instructed her to complete them again in english and send them to the consulate with a cover letter explaining what she had done in error (with the mandarin instead of english).

He said they would simply discard the ones in mandarin and would accept the ones in english in the place. In fact he said they would usually in such a case - never even accept the ones in mandarin in the first place.

Does this sound correct to you guys? Has anybody else had to submit a second set of documents (the 230 and the 169) because of a error like this or similar? Does anybody know if this will cause any trouble at the consulate for my wife?

And lastly, My attorney told me that "based on current" time frames - that the interview could (or should) be set anywhere from 3 to 5 months. I know CFL is reporting 5 months..... Does anybody know if this time has shortened lately? The lawyer seems to think 3 months is possible? I don't think so based on what I have seen.....

Thanks All,

Scott

(m-coon)

If the consulate does not like the mandrin, and they won't, then they will just request another set of forms be filled out, so you might just as well get a jump on it. They accept copies and downloaded forms. Get them sent in ASAP

Edited by Gene (see edit history)
Guest ShaQuaNew
My attorney said this was not a problem - but I wanted the opinion of the CFL members on this matter.....

...my attorney ...instructed her to complete [them] again in english and send them to the consulate with a cover letter explaining what she had  done in error (with the mandarin instead of english).

He said they would simply discard the ones in mandarin and would accept the ones in english in the place. In fact he said they would usually in such a case - never even accept the ones in mandarin in the first place.

And lastly, My attorney told me that "based on current" time frames - that the interview could (or should) be set anywhere from 3 to 5 months. I know CFL is reporting 5 months..... Does anybody know if this time has shortened lately? The lawyer seems to think 3 months is possible?

151404[/snapback]

Do your trust your attorney? I would find it difficult to pay someone for a service if I didn't trust their work....

...my attorney ...instructed her to complete [them] again in english and send them to the consulate with a cover letter explaining what she had  done in error (with the mandarin instead of english).

And lastly, My attorney told me that "based on current" time frames - that the interview could (or should) be set anywhere from 3 to 5 months. I know CFL is reporting 5 months..... Does anybody know if this time has shortened lately? The lawyer seems to think 3 months is possible?

151404[/snapback]

Do your trust your attorney? I would find it difficult to pay someone for a service if I didn't trust their work....

151407[/snapback]

Oh - I trust the attorney! This was my wifes mistake - not his! I just wanted to get some feedback from CFL to confirm what he said "that this should not become a problem"!!! If CFL members came back and said something different - then I would pass this info on to him so he can do his job and help fix the problem. But I feel there is nothing bad can come out of this mistake! It is a matter of sending the forms in english this time to replace the ones in mandarin.

Thanks,

Scott

151404[/snapback]

151407[/snapback]

at least with my opinion my attorneys have not done anything to write home about, granted i have not been working with the big cheese as of yet so we'll see.

from what i gather the lawyer im with sets you up with the lower not so informed lawyers in the beginning...

once paperwork reaches the GUZ one of the 2 head honcho's step in.

:( i just want my girl :hug:

Guest ShaQuaNew
Oh - I trust the attorney! This was my wifes mistake - not his! I just wanted to get some feedback from CFL to confirm what he said "that this should not become a problem"

151409[/snapback]

Okay, cool....was just wondering.

Hey, did you get any resolution regarding that "person" that was attempting to sabotage your Visa? What's going on with that?

The only thing you can do is to resend in English.

Make sure the P3 Supplement is on top with you case

number in large print.

Follow up with a polite email to GZ.

Just consider it as time lost.

My opinion about lawyers; don't really need one

until she is here as deportation is more of a leagal

process.

Oh - I trust the attorney! This was my wifes mistake - not his! I just wanted to get some feedback from CFL to confirm what he said "that this should not become a problem"

151409[/snapback]

Okay, cool....was just wondering.

Hey, did you get any resolution regarding that "person" that was attempting to sabotage your Visa? What's going on with that?

151412[/snapback]

I am not sure! My wife tells me that she has made peace with the ex-friend who (we think) sent the letter to me. But we still do not know if there is another person who intends to create a 3rd party problem by sending something to the consulate... This ex-friend insists SHE DID NOT SEND THE LETTER TO ME!!! If this is true - then there is (must be) another person involved (pissed off - i assume...... or very jealous) that we need to try and locate so we can try to fix that problem also. At this point - we may go to he interview, only to discover that there is officially a 3rd party involved. At that point - all we can do is deal with it! I don't think we will ever find out before the interview!!! We have tried very hard to find this person - but no luck thus far. So we have to wait and pray a lot!!! There is nothing else we can do now. I don't have a timeline posted here but my wife just today returned the p3 to the consulate..... so I guess in 5 months we will know if anybody has gotten involved. Thanks for asking!

Scott

Ours was bounced in July, because she didn't answer that "None" of the persons listed in item xx would accompany her. The form was sent back - in the meantime, she filled out a new form and sent it in. It was almost a month after the GUZ had signed for it at the Swan Hotel before they would even acknowledge receiving it. But we are finally back in the queue, and are awaiting our P4 in October (as predicted here).??In other words, I think (and hope) that they put you back in line based on the original received from NVC date.??But get it in NOW to be sure!

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)

Don't waste another minute, just be sure all the supplements are with it and that the GUZ number is prominently displayed on cover sheet and that the number is on every sheet in the package on top right of each document.......

good luck