When does your SO pick up her VISA?

Dennis143

My SO and I are awaiting our P4 from GZ. I will fly to GZ, when we know the interview date. I expect to bring her and her daughter home with me immediately after approval. My wife will have all of her and her daughters belongings packed to also leave immediately.

I have read recent conflicting stories here about how soon she can get her VISA after her approval. The GZ Consulate website says that they are usually issued the following day. Is this correct? Can I expect this?

My plan is to fly to GZ on a one-way flight. After the interview approval and, hopefully obtaining her VISA the following day, we will then book flights back to the US together.

The planning for this is very important and any recent experiences would be appreciated.

Edited by Dennis143 (see edit history)

Up until a couple of months ago the person went back to the consulate the next day. Checked in to the "Holding Area", they called out names and handed out Visa's. Occasionally they changed there minds and handed back a blue slip(RFE), so no one completely relaxed until it was in hand.

Now you have to pay another fee and they issue them through the China Post. Supposedly it takes two days after the interview to get, but some people have reported them being available for pickup the next day. Also I believe this China Post is open seven days a week. What is up for grabs right now is which China Post to go to since the IV unit of the Consulate has moved. You have some time before you interview, I would guess there will be many post about it.

We've been told that you can pay the fee for the China Post at a booth in the Consulate area, they can give directions on the pickup location.

The standard pickup of visa's takes place the 2nd morning after the interview, but some have been able to get them after 3pm the next day.

As for expediting the visa pickup, this is the expedited pickup. :whistling:

Our intension is to locate return tickets after a successful interview, but wait until we have the visa in hand to finalize the transaction.

We've been told that you can pay the fee for the China Post at a booth in the Consulate area, they can give directions on the pickup location.

The standard pickup of visa's takes place the 2nd morning after the interview, but some have been able to get them after 3pm the next day.

As for expediting the visa pickup, this is the expedited pickup.  :)

Our intension is to locate return tickets after a successful interview, but wait until we have the visa in hand to finalize the transaction.

150515[/snapback]

We paid the postal fee on Wen, and picked up the Visa on Fri. The post office called her cell when it was ready to be picked up. I know some thing have changed since we got ours, so i'm not sure if the timeline still applies

Regards,

Jim

• 2 weeks later...

The "Red" letter states the time to pickup as 2 days. Not sure if the one day pickup was a temporary thing to get some things moving quickly prior to the move (?).

The letter states they will hold the visa for 7 working days.. as well as explaining the mailing options to those in the area...

And you pay the fee inside the consulate building after approval of the visa interview...