Asian men of child bearing age are quite often only childs themselves, especially if they were born post 1970 where only one child per family was enacted into law.

148781[/snapback]

Well this can certainly be true, in many ways.. but I wouldn't limit it to just men but would say that Chinese people seem to take longer to mature than American people. I think most Chinese will agree with you...

It's not a bad thing, just a cultural thing.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The One Child Policy was enacted in the 1979, not 1970. However, I have to agree that many of the Chinese males I know, (my soon to be ex, chief among them) have peter pan issues. If you ask my husband, a 32 year old, what he wants to do for a living (can't hold down a job), his usual response is, "I haven't thought that far ahead." :huh:

I have also been told this by my many Chinese pen-pals.  They tell me that it is not uncommon that when a Chinese man becomes successful, he will often move on to a younger woman of child bearing age.  Even though China still has a one-child per family law, if you have enough money, you can pay the Gov't to have more.  This seems to be just another reason that many Chinese woman seem to harbor resentment towards Chinese men.

148644[/snapback]

Not just Chinese men. All men in general. They just want younger women. All women resent men wanting younger women. From this forum, it seems most Chinese SO (women) are in the lower 40's. Since Chinese women usually avoid the sun and take care of themselves, they look 10 years younger than their age. So they are desirable for American men. I hate to say this but men are attractive to women by physical appearance first. Women are attactive to men by security and personality.

Chinese men are more interested in younger women (never married). So these Chinese women (age 30+ to 40) have fewer options but to try American men.

The One Child Policy was enacted in the 1979, not 1970. However, I have to agree that many of the Chinese males I know, (my soon to be ex, chief among them) have peter pan issues. If you ask my husband, a 32 year old, what he wants to do for a living (can't hold down a job), his usual response is, "I haven't thought that far ahead."  :exclaim:

148787[/snapback]

Interesting, so many of my Chinese pen-pals told me that in was enacted early in the 70's. Does not change the fact, that if you are an only child and want to carry on the family name, the desire to have a son is very great to these young men.

This seems to be just another reason that many Chinese woman seem to harbor resentment towards Chinese men.

148644[/snapback]

Seems to be a 'resentment' circle:

What I have heard, Asian woman are resentful toward the men for their attitudes and behavior, so seek foreign men. Chinese men are resentful towards the ever dwindling number of available chinese woman going to foreign men...

148657[/snapback]

oh come on David, you're much too intelligent than that for that comment, and you are being trite. Asian men of child bearing age are quite often only childs themselves, especially if they were born post 1970 where only one child per family was enacted into law.

The circle of resentment is when these men force their wives to abort their female daughter, because they must have to have a son to carry on their family name. This circle is further perpetuated when these men toss their wives aside to pursue young child bearing women, thus leaving their former wives bitter and resolved never to marry another Chinese man again, while at the same time being told of continous tales of how loving and loyal us west men are.

You have read my journal and you can read between those line....you are too astute not to realize the true circle of resentment.

My SO's experience typifies life in China that result from the Chinese policy of only one child per family.

148781[/snapback]

If your SO is under 30, she was probably affected by the One child 'policy'... Mine was not.

I was referring to a general circle of resentment that predates even that policy.

Would be interesting to see if the north (where my SO is from) and south have same or different resentments as well...

I guess I fit the profile - educated, introverted and employed for 27 years same company. And I was tired of dating American woman whose hair was shorter than mine and dressed more manly. I guess I'm a loser :lol:

HaHa- he who has last laugh, laughs best

148836[/snapback]

Me too-I fit. Educated-yes. Introverted----NEVER MIND!!!!

For China alone, if we are to take the statistics assuming all the K1's were white males, this is around 16,000 a year.

This is .0016 percent of the population of China. Did anyone even notice? Where do they come up with these numbers anyway?

I can see it now, sort of like a film noir, a bunch of guys sitting around the newsroom with the editor.....

Say boss, gotta good one for ya!

Sell it to me Joe.

Tick-tick-tick, newsflash! "Dames like men in other countries".

Too boring Joe, spice it up.

I got it boss! How about, "Lookers Looking for Love From Foreign Lands"!?

I like it, print it. How many dames like this?

I dunno boss.

Fine, make it 20% of the women. I want it on the front page tomorrow.

You got it boss!

For China alone, if we are to take the statistics assuming all the K1's were white males, this is around 16,000 a year.

This is .0016 percent of the population of China. Did anyone even notice?  Where do they come up with these numbers anyway?

I can see it now, sort of like a film noir, a bunch of guys sitting around the newsroom with the editor.....

Say boss, gotta good one for ya!

Sell it to me Joe.

Tick-tick-tick, newsflash! "Dames like men in other countries".

Too boring Joe, spice it up.

I got it boss! How about, "Lookers Looking for Love From Foreign Lands"!?

I like it, print it. How many dames like this?

I dunno boss.

Fine, make it 20% of the women. I want it on the front page tomorrow.

You got it boss!

149162[/snapback]

the poll sampled Asian American women only.