got interview, have question about p-4

hi so happy to got a interview date. i called DOS a week ago, and they gave me the date of Sept 14, and said the p-4 was sent yesterday to my so. it has been 8 days now and she did not recieve it yet. she lives in a small town out from Nanning, is the mail slow there, should i call someone about this, DOS, e-mail consulate? or wait longer? ant advice will help alot thanks for your time Keith

Someone here will steer you to where the forms are - get them yourself (check the links here). My SO in Yulin (near Nanning also) still hasn't received a letter they sent the first week of July.

The GUZ simply says, she doesn't need it, if she fills out her own form.

Yes, someone had this trouble before and you do need this letter. You should be able to email Guangzhou and tell them you have not received it and they will send another.

143660[/snapback]

Will they email it? That may be critical for my SO, as well.

I suspect that GZ hasn't actually mailed all P4s as indicated through emails and DOS calls. I believe the mailings are "in process" as my SO hasn't received her packet as well.

She said she made arrangements with EMS to call her when her packet

arrives at the post office.

We should know more when reports come in of actual P4s received.

thanks for all the help, i will wait for a few more days, and then e-mail the consulate, if there is anyone else with ideas please tell me. many of us are so close to finally bringing our love ones home, i hope it all goes well with me getting by p-4 and for all others of you. good day and thanks again Keith

Keith,

I think Pete is right, I went through something similar with the NVC, they said it was sent, when actually it was in process there, that is why the standard response is "the week of" with NVC.... I am sure GUZ had the same training regimen.

thanks guys for all the help, yesterday i sent a e-mail to Guangzou, and they said if she does not get the p-4 2 weeks before the interview to e-mail them again. i am a cr-1, so she did not get a p-3 from the consulate, i will tell her to call the post office also. so close to interview yet so far it seams hope all goes well with all of you Keith