hi David,

What's your prediction for us?

141512[/snapback]

I think, like a tsunami, the second wave is coming but uncertain as to it's full impact... I think the first few are easier to predict for me than the next twenty out since we'll need to see the impact of the move and we lose four days in Oct (3,4,5,10)... And I only follow the ones close to me.

so will they keep pushing out P4 interviews prior to their move, as well as to get as many in prior to the big holiday (National week) ?

If there is any push, and I don't think we claim to see any push yet, you could get in a Sept interview.

My gut says Oct for you and then we're dancing around the holiday dates... I originally had you at Oct 5 (but that's a holiday)... Hopefully, I'm just off and your early... and I'm back with SO by then retiring from bad predictions.... :unsure:

Can we tell yet if they are scheduling more interviews after the move date on a per day or per week basis than they did before?

141529[/snapback]

I don't think we have enough people or data to know this yet.

The hope is that in the new building, they have more room, and so can process more per day.

But I would also think if they are wise, they would ramp up slowly to test what their real capacity is.

I am sure each day, there is a flow patern of people, from one place to another, as they walk in, hand in papers, get finger prints, interviews, etc. ...

they will need to "learn" what this new flow pattern will be at the new place. make sure there aren't 200 people trying to stand in one place that can only hold 50 people, etc.

There is also the limitation of how many visa officers they can have working, and maybe some will be on vacation in August and Sept.

Can we tell yet if they are scheduling more interviews after the move date on a per day or per week basis than they did before?

141529[/snapback]

The hope is that in the new building, they have more room, and so can process more per day.

But I would also think if they are wise, they would ramp up slowly to test what their real capacity is.

I am sure each day, there is a flow patern of people, from one place to another, as they walk in, hand in papers, get finger prints, interviews, etc. ...

they will need to "learn" what this new flow pattern will be at the new place. make sure there aren't 200 people trying to stand in one place that can only hold 50 people, etc.

There is also the limitation of how many visa officers they can have working, and maybe some will be on vacation in August and Sept.

141535[/snapback]

Hey, I'm happy for all of you.

As of yet, no interview here.

141529[/snapback]

141535[/snapback]

agreed..

We only have 6 interviews so far... And we have many in this window of eligibility. 001 has only posted 5 people on their chart.. interestingly, 2 are a friday interview.

We had about 20 in june... and some got short notices of 4-5 weeks... we just have to wait and see.

historically, interviews are predicted on P3 received dates.. that is my understanding..

So I predicted Riki3742 on 9/8 and he got it that date... 

I predicted Impatient for 9/7 but he is 9/9... 

I predicted both myself and nygatl15 for  9/12 , but we both got 9/7.

I predicted BuffaloPaul to be early Sept.. but no P4 yet...

Seems some so far, it is following P4 entered date in GUZ computer.. but too early to make too much about any of it...

I see you as 9/14-9/21 so far...

141450[/snapback]

Maybe you can predict a day for us as well? :)

141488[/snapback]

I had you exactly same as Jason+Joanna... My dart throw fell on 9/20.

141507[/snapback]

Well, that's good enough to hear. :D

All I know is F*** GZ and this crappy system. The US is the only country where people like my family can give so much to our nation and not get crap in return. My family has a strong tradition of military service. I can name lives given in wars--starting with my father--an army officer killed in action in Vietnam, my stepfather-who subsequently adopted me after the deal with my father--with 30 years service..but does this get me anything? No...I am well educated and decorated as well, my paperwork is complete, thorough, organized and as they request. I am not angry that people who filed months after me get interviews...but I am PO'd that the crappy system comes down on me...

Altough I will say that if I get a 15-17 date in September that is cool...it is a great time to be in China..and I need a break. Does anyone else work as hard as I do? I hope so..I would hate to be the only overachiever here...