dress for interview

Guest ShaQuaNew
I agree with Frank who agrees with Don... :D

138430[/snapback]

Congrats on your chance to be there. Certainly Lederhousen, capris, flip-flops, whatever it takes, as long as you don't stand out like an Ozzy Osbourne child....

...but to have your best success, follow with Frank and Don's advice accompanied by David's ditto :P

Edited by fitnlivly (see edit history)

YES!!! I agree with David, who agrees with Don, who agrees with Frank......

Guest ShaQuaNew
"First impressions make lasting impressions." I definetly think you should leave the jeans and tee shirt at home for your interview.  Dress nice, and think positively. Be confident, but attentive.  The same as you would for any formal business transaction.

138553[/snapback]

Perhaps a tasteful tatoo, belly-button piercing, nose ring, and dark eye liner....

"First impressions make lasting impressions." I definetly think you should leave the jeans and tee shirt at home for your interview.  Dress nice, and think positively. Be confident, but attentive.  The same as you would for any formal business transaction.

138553[/snapback]

Perhaps a tasteful tatoo, belly-button piercing, nose ring, and dark eye liner....

138564[/snapback]

I personally think we need to be more sensitive to posts about visa and consulate issues, and consider the poster.

This is a new user to CFL asking a question which some will have concerns about.. they might not understand some joking... and there's no need to give an answer other than helpful on this issue.

It was posted in GVD, not in the PC.

I am going to GZ embassy to have interview next Tuesday. Wondering what I should dress. formal suits or just jeans and T-shirt?

Any one has idea please help me...... ;)

138389[/snapback]

of course formal dress, with some bright colour, not too bright though, like pink ,blue etc. dresses are very very important

Look your best, if you don't have the outfit then dress neat and clean. Don't buy new clothes to impress if it'll make you feel stiff and uncomfortable. You must look and feel confident. So once again wear clothes that you will be comfortable in and make an impression or wear nothing at all!

I was just suffering with this year's hot summer and was just wishing for that mirage. Ignore that last part ......or maybe not. Please don't tell my SO. Been apart too long.

I think you'll be fine anywhere in between business professional and business casual. Whatever you are most comfortable in. Also, wear sometihng that makes you feel confident.

You might also want to do a search in this category for posts containing "interview", "success", "confidence", "dress" or "attire" to get some real-world responses from those who've gone through it and shared with the board.

Also, where do you live? Many of the members in here have spouses/fiancees still in China who've gone through the interview and would share their experiences with you. If in Beijing, please PM me, and I'll put you in contact with my Wei. Just gotta do it quickly. She leaves there on Friday.

Best of luck!!!!

Trevor

64 hours and 54 minutes to go!!! :unsure: :stupid:

Edited by tmkeith (see edit history)

The only jeans, or shorts, and tee shirts I saw outside on interview day were on the foreigners adopting babies and the petitioners waiting for their SOs. I agree with the 'dress comfortably so you are comfortable' advice. Be prepared with some layers in case the air conditioning is on full blast at any time of day.