Are you all proud of our CIS system?

Tell you all what I am willing to do.

If everyone wishes, lets try & compile a detailed letter ( Your experiances, your problems, your suggestion on how to fix the problems etc) & then have one of our writers here copile it all into a nice but blunt letter & I will personnaly both Email it to the White house my self, as well as deliver a copy of it to their mail room upon my return to the States. I will also begin contacting every Newspaper & television station in hopes to get the story out to the public.

Do not be afraid to Name political leadres names, ot even lawyers names. I feel it is about time that although we had done something similar like this a few months ago, it was directed in a much smaller ball park. This time, I truely feel it's time to go to the Big Leagues & Hit them with all that we have. We need to give them so much hell, that they will have no other choice but to address the problem & then possibly follow our Ideas as to how to fix the problem.

If this thing helps only one of our fellow brothers & sisters, then We did a good thing. If it begins to help all of us, then we all can stand proud & tell others that "WE Helped to chage the face of this immigration Process"

What do you al Say?

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, yes I am. Having been in China now 3 years I can with all honesty say that they are fair, as timely as possible, and doing a much better job than you know. Just PTL the Chinese government doesn't have anything to do with this process or none of you would ever see your princesses. Of course my luck is such that they probably monitor this board and the Chinese Public Security Bureau will be knocking on my door in the morning. (nervous laugh)

Actually, yes I am.  Having been in China now 3 years I can with all honesty say that they are fair, as timely as possible, and doing a much better job than you know.  Just PTL the Chinese government doesn't have anything to do with this process or none of you would ever see your princesses. Of course my luck is such that they probably monitor this board and the Chinese Public Security Bureau will be knocking on my door in the morning. (nervous laugh)

141808[/snapback]

Must be nice to be able to be in China for 3 years and not experience a long separation time from your laopo.

Edited by bubbafred10 (see edit history)

Naturally we are very happy to be together, but this is no freaking holiday. We work everyday teaching and translating respectively, pay bills, fight to get on buses then sweat to death on them, suffer through the daily Internet/electric/water shortage, etc. I think everyone who is contemplating marriage to a Chinese should have to spend one year living here, if the relationship can withstand that you're golden.

I honestly think that many people on this board are in for a rude awakening; Chinese woman, on a day to day basis, are not very easy.

The only possible way to have any chance in understanding the absolutely non-sensical things they do is to live in the culture. To at least keep this within the context of the original post; CIS, yea they are wonderful, love 'em, can I have my visa now please?

Naturally we are very happy to be together, but this is no freaking holiday. We work everyday teaching and translating respectively, pay bills, fight to get on buses then sweat to death on them, suffer through the daily Internet/electric/water shortage, etc.?I think everyone who is contemplating marriage to a Chinese should have to spend one year living here, if the relationship can withstand that you're golden.?

I honestly think that many people on this board are in for a rude awakening; Chinese woman, on a day to day basis, are not very easy.

The only possible way to have any chance in understanding the absolutely non-sensical things they do is to live in the culture. To at least keep this within the context of the original post; CIS, yea they are wonderful, love 'em, can I have my visa now please?

141944[/snapback]

Great advise and thoughts, but many of us don't have the opportunity to live and work in China, and experience the everyday routines with our laopos. That's what we are anxious to do. Nevertheless, many of us know (or at least we think we know) our laopos. Even you. Those who think they know, but just for today, and things may be different in the future, whether a few months or many years from today. It's all a relationship of two people, and as long as the persons are alive, there will be changes, or at least I hope so. Only dead people don't change anymore. It's part of the dynamics and excitement of life, and it's what we choose today to experience such dynamics with the one we feel comfortable, today.

By the way, someone told me that the Chinese character for marriage consists of two parts or characters. The left character means "union" or "combination". The right character consists of two characters (top and bottom) meaning "good" and "bad".

As far as the visa processing through CIS and NVC, that's a totally different matter. Let's not get confused between the two - relationship versus visa processing. After all, many of us, we are anxious to start living as a family rather than mere talking on the phone and emails. Boy!, I sure hate wasting my money for going back and forth to China every 3 to 4 months.

Edited by bubbafred10 (see edit history)
May I Please Vent a little here, Please!!

Not only am I totally POed at our entire system, but after being here in China, it has just made matters worse.

Example:

When you try to connect to a US Gov Website from Nanning CN, It goes from Nanning to GUZ, to Bejing. Gets Filtered there, then onto Hong Kong, Gets double Checked & Filtered again, then Onto Los Angles, Checked & Filtered, then onto Denver CO, Filtered & trace routed, Onto Langley, Checked for Key Words, onto Chicago, checked again, then onto Arlignton VA, Final Check, & if all passes, then it is dispersed out to the Net domain.

The Same with the Cell Phones.

The Only way to work around this is if you emlpoy an IP Spoofer onto your machine or if everytime you want to go to a US GOV site or Page, Turn off your Modem, make it obtain a new IP, and Clear your Internet Cache. (THIS is the LONG & HARD WAY)

With all of this, It just blows my stack and make me So freeking furrious that Our very own Gov would allow its own citizens to be treated like this. It would not surprize me one bit if somewhere in the near future that the American people decide to stand up & say NO MORE!! We have had enough.

Don't get me wrong, please!! I love my SO with all that I have & would do this again 100 times more. I do not regreat in any way of having to go through this process. But I do Feel that as Paying Law Abiding Americans, we DESERVE to be Treated Far better than what we are being treated like now.

& They think we are so Stupid!!  UNCLE SAM, We the People are beginnig to wake up & smell the BS that you have been pouring down out guts. If you do not wise up and treat us Better, you may become nothing more than our pet who lays at our feet. :lol:

Wheeew!!! It feels soo good to get this out of my system. Thanks all for bearing with me. God I need Some Good Ole American Food----Hmmm Italian, Mexican, Oh God, where is there a Taco Bell When You need it?

LMAO

141768[/snapback]

Jtaylo69 - I hear your frustration. I never had any problem accessing US government websites from China. That was last November and February. I accessed them from Shanghai and Wuhan internet cafes. Perhaps those sites are now blocked, but it's by US imposed internet security system, blocking anything that originate from outside US. It's all part of the paranoia security system, afraid those foreigners are stealing information.

I think that's what you said in your post.

Naturally we are very happy to be together, but this is no freaking holiday. We work everyday teaching and translating respectively, pay bills, fight to get on buses then sweat to death on them, suffer through the daily Internet/electric/water shortage, etc.  I think everyone who is contemplating marriage to a Chinese should have to spend one year living here, if the relationship can withstand that you're golden. 

141944[/snapback]

A+ on your post, might be one of the best ones of 2005.

Michael Perez

Edited by hakkamike (see edit history)

I certrainly agree that for those of you to whom it applies being apart from your loved one is difficult. The Chinese characters you mentioned(written in Pinyin) are hun yin, and my fiancee informs me the translation you were told is not accurate. The only character I have seen here in connection with marriage is the symbol for happiness. Anyone can work in China as every city in this country needs English teachers, with short contracts possible of 6 months even. Good luck to all.

The only character I have seen here in connection with marriage is the symbol for happiness. 

141998[/snapback]

You are correct about "happiness" as the symbol used in the new Chinese for "marriage" character. The one I mentioned is the old character, not the new one. My laopo will check out the composition of the character in traditional character. She only remembers the meaning of the old character as "union until old age", without breaking down the composition of the top and bottom of the right portion of the character.

Just to pipe in...

I cannot really complain with what has occurred with the process I have encountered. No mistakes have been made by the officials and from what I read, the process was to take 7 to 9 months once I filed the I-129f. It has been about 7 months so far as I filed the 129 in December. No snags have happened (blessings abound for those who have had snags). I am guessing that 6 weeks and my honey will be visa holding and heading for California. I am proud to be an American and was thinking how many people in this world want what we have as Americans. That is why we are experiencing delays, in my opinion, because of the shear volume of persons who want to come here...Legally or not... It must be quite a chore!

The only character I have seen here in connection with marriage is the symbol for happiness. 

141998[/snapback]

You are correct about "happiness" as the symbol used in the new Chinese for "marriage" character. The one I mentioned is the old character, not the new one. My laopo will check out the composition of the character in traditional character. She only remembers the meaning of the old character as "union until old age", without breaking down the composition of the top and bottom of the right portion of the character.

142030[/snapback]

幸福 = happiness (according to Alta Vista bablefish) Simplified.

Naturally we are very happy to be together, but this is no freaking holiday. We work everyday teaching and translating respectively, pay bills, fight to get on buses then sweat to death on them, suffer through the daily Internet/electric/water shortage, etc.  I think everyone who is contemplating marriage to a Chinese should have to spend one year living here, if the relationship can withstand that you're golden. 

141944[/snapback]

A+ on your post, might be one of the best ones of 2005.

Michael Perez

141981[/snapback]

I agree...

In the 1 month I have spent in Nanning just visiting... The "problems" we face as USA citizens is paled compared to the quality of life my fiancee faces each and every day. She hasn't complained not once to me. I guess you adapt to what is!!!

Great post...

Naturally we are very happy to be together, but this is no freaking holiday. We work everyday teaching and translating respectively, pay bills, fight to get on buses then sweat to death on them, suffer through the daily Internet/electric/water shortage, etc.?I think everyone who is contemplating marriage to a Chinese should have to spend one year living here, if the relationship can withstand that you're golden.?

141944[/snapback]

Great advise and thoughts, but many of us don't have the opportunity to live and work in China, and experience the everyday routines with our laopos. That's what we are anxious to do. Nevertheless, many of us know (or at least we think we know) our laopos. Even you. Those who think they know, but just for today, and things may be different in the future, whether a few months or many years from today. It's all a relationship of two people, and as long as the persons are alive, there will be changes, or at least I hope so. Only dead people don't change anymore. It's part of the dynamics and excitement of life, and it's what we choose today to experience such dynamics with the one we feel comfortable, today.

By the way, someone told me that the Chinese character for marriage consists of two parts or characters. The left character means "union" or "combination". The right character consists of two characters (top and bottom) meaning "good" and "bad".

As far as the visa processing through CIS and NVC, that's a totally different matter. Let's not get confused between the two - relationship versus visa processing. After all, many of us, we are anxious to start living as a family rather than mere talking on the phone and emails. Boy!, I sure hate wasting my money for going back and forth to China every 3 to 4 months.

141966[/snapback]

nice post guys.. and good distinction fred between the process and relationship, and important frustration with the former does not play out in the latter.. the latter has it's own challenges!

I like to think of the relationship side as two water sources coming to together.. even if they are on the same level at their combining ,there is some flow change and undercurrent mixing going on.

If the sources are at two different levels, then the combined water will have more turbulence and forceful changes going on at the surface and underneath. Eventually, the water settles once down stream.

Best to get to the same level, and this probably is best done by being or living in china for some time.. but just not practical or feasible for some.

...relationship side as two water sources coming to together.. even if they are on the same level at their combining ,there is some flow change and undercurrent mixing going on.

If the sources are at two different levels,  then the combined water will have more turbulence and forceful changes going on at the surface and underneath.  Eventually, the water settles once down stream.

time.. but just not practical or feasible for some.

142099[/snapback]

Durn!

David, you talk and write in Chinese style, with symbolic expression.

I think you must have been a Chinese in one of your previous lifes.