Pre-Wedding Pictures

I have just returend back from being with my lovely fiancee for a month in China.

While there, we purchased a wedding dress for her, and a traditional Chinese jacket for me for our wedding. We also had a photographer take our pictures in these.

Now I am wondering, has anyone showed pre-wedding pictures during a K1 interview? and if so, did this help or confuse the visa officer. Since we are applying K1, we will not have married yet, and I would hope these pictures would help show the visa officer that we are serious and are already prepared for our wedding once we get to the US. But then there is always the possibility that the VO may think we are already married, even if we submit statements indicating that we are both single and plan to get married once we arrive in the US.

Anyone else have any experience with showing pre-wedding pictures of this kind?

Thanks,

Wulongtea

Guest ShaQuaNew
in the past the consensus has been that pre-wedding photos may confuse the VO and lesson the chances for a K1 visa.

133719[/snapback]

I agree with Trigg. What we are attempting to do here is convince the US government that we are straight up US citizens attempting to obey the US immigration laws. While these photos are very personal and important to you, they may well serve to inspire a US reviewer that you secretly married in China and are doing something that might be unscrupulous. A good rule-of-thumb is to stick to the basics, provide what they ask and what has worked in the past.

J & L

in the past the consensus has been that pre-wedding photos may confuse the VO and lesson the chances for a K1 visa.

133719[/snapback]

Thanks to all for the quick feedback. We also had other photos taken in casual clothes, so I think these would be ok to show.

I've also read many posts about "Trigg Spell" or "Trigg Speak" ...

So I've learned my lesson about this topic and will not "lesson" our chances for our K1 visa :blink: Thanks Trigg for that lesson :greenblob:

Thanks to all for the quick feedback. We also had other photos taken in casual clothes, so I think these would be ok to show.

I've also read many posts about "Trigg Spell" or "Trigg Speak" ...

So I've learned my lesson about this topic and will not "lesson" our chances for our K1 visa :blink: Thanks Trigg for that lesson  :greenblob:

133733[/snapback]

I have already volunteered to be the CFL spelling and grammar coach---gheeeeez, guys-get with the progam allllready!!!!!!!!

I have just returend back from being with my lovely fiancee for a month in China.

While there, we purchased a wedding dress for her, and a traditional Chinese jacket for me for our wedding. We also had a photographer take our pictures in these.

Now I am wondering, has anyone showed pre-wedding pictures during a K1 interview? and if so, did this help or confuse the visa officer. Since we are applying K1, we will not have married yet, and I would hope these pictures would help show the visa officer that we are serious and are already prepared for our wedding once we get to the US. But then there is always the possibility that the VO may think we are already married, even if we submit statements indicating that we are both single and plan to get married once we arrive in the US.

Anyone else have any experience with showing pre-wedding pictures of this kind?

Thanks,

Wulongtea

133717[/snapback]

Stick to regular clothes photos, it seems that any excuse to question the legitimacy of your situation will only raise a flag....

Stick to regular clothes photos, it seems that any excuse to question the legitimacy of your situation will only raise a flag....

133746[/snapback]

From the K1 Faqs om the GZ site.

We decided to get married before my K-1 petition could be processed. What should I do?

If you get married, your K-1 petition will no longer be valid. Your spouse will need to file a different petition, Form I-130, with the CIS.