proof of relationship

From the interview stories I learnt, the VOs have already made their decisions 90% before the interview. I am afraid I didn't include enough evidence to prove the relationship with my application. I want to include some more evidence, perhaps when we send the P3 back. One thing I can think of is to have friends or relatives write some letters. What should I include in the letter? Anyone has written such letters before? You can tell English is not my native language. Your help is very much appreciated. Thanks a lot.

From the interview stories I learnt, the VOs have already made their decisions 90% before the interview.  I am afraid I didn't include enough evidence to prove the relationship with my application.  I want to include some more evidence, perhaps when we send the P3 back.  One thing I can think of is to have friends or relatives write some letters.  What should I include in the letter? Anyone has written such letters before?  You can tell English is not my native language. Your help is very much appreciated. Thanks a lot.

133494[/snapback]

If you have received NOA2 there was enough information provided with the application for the proof of meeting requirement. Appending information at this time would probably only have the effect of slowing things down.

The interview is the place they ask for proof of relationship, emails, photos, letters, cards, phone records and other such info showing continued contact and intent.

One thing that can help is to send email requests to GZ concerning your case, you should begin this about 3-4 weeks after NVC notifies you the case has been forwarded to GZ. While the responses you will receive may seem strange or non-responsive always be polite and kind in tone.

Based on your timeline, it looks the I-129F was approved - enough documentation apparently was already supplied for this preliminary phase of the process. I provided only a few letters and pictures for the I-129F petition. The bulk of the information was provided at the time of the interview.

I'm not sure you can send in additional information in advance of the actual interview in GZ, and it is at that interview that you will provide whatever additional proof you might want to give the consulate. So, I would be more concerned about getting this information together than worrying about whether the consulate may have prejudged you.

One thing you certainly can do between now and the interview is to keep in contact with the consulate, making friendly inquiries about the status of your case. Calling DOS (Department of State) on the US side is also a good thing to do to check on where you files are. If I'm not mistaken, records are kept of these inquiries. and in my view these types of inquiries often show how seriously you are taking the process.

I like to think of it as an application process trying to fulfill two requirements with various proof:

1) a bona fide relationship exists and is ongoing throughout the process

2) meet Financial guidelines

the interview is the last step in the approval...

Between now and then, follow the advice given so far and you'll be fine.

I think you are just stalking me.  :lol:

Does CFL have a policy concerning this type of mental abuse?  :lol:  :lol:

133510[/snapback]

I call every day to China but use phone cards ( it is very cheap) so I do not have a record. But I do send a snail mail card or letter each week.

We have lots of photos, since I met her 3 years ago I have made seven trips to China, soon to be eight. I hope we have enough to past the test.

Guest ShaQuaNew
I call every day to China but use phone cards ( it is very cheap) so I do not have a record.

Regarding making telephone calls to China, I'm a strong advocate of Onesuite.com. The service is not only highly competitive in price, but offers the kind of features that you need for call records. You can log into your account from any computer, and retrieve and print your call history anytime. Also, you can recharge your account from the computer when it runs low, with instantaneous results.

J & L

1. The VO will usually ask for the passport at the start.

You should have the petitioner's passport (at least copied, but I recommend also certified)... this will establish the number of visits made to china. This tells the VO quickly something about the ongoing relationship and effort to see each other.

2. The VO will normally ask a few questions about the petitioner to see how well you really know him/her.

If there is a previous marriage, usually this draws some questions (child's name or age, etc).. As well all this shows if you speak english for communication (although seems less an issue with recent interviews done in chinese).

3. Photos are the most asked for item in the interview. You don't need 200.... prepare the best 20 or so, particularly some with family.. and informal shots.

4. As for correspondence, I only find three cases in almost 60 + interviews I have collected. But treat same as photos, prepare the best ones. Hand written is good if available.

I'd put in chronological order.. One VO asked for correspondence at the "start" of the relationship.

5. Something financial is often asked for.

Employer letter or I-134 is popular request.. they'll establish meeting the financial guideline.

Many beneficiary's are simply handing the VO all the financial info regardless of how it is asked so that nothing can be stated as not been given.

David that looks like a good list of recommendations.

Lee if mental abuse is regarded with the same severity as politically oriented posts there will be little left on the board other than a copy of the instructions from the USCIS website. Or are you limiting your request for a policy to abuse only between members.

This is an interesting question. As far as I know nobody here has ever tried to submit more evidence of relationship along with P-3. My first thought was it isn't necessary since the I-129F has already been approved. My second thought though is what can it hurt? Will the VO read it when they scan the file before the interview? If so back to second thought. What can it hurt? I wouldn't go overboard but I seriously doubt it could hurt anything.

As others have said, the Vo' mind is made up before the interview. So I think people worry too much about it.

My wife was asked:

1. What do your parents think of you marrying a much older man?

2. Do you realize you will not be able to get your visa for 4-6 weeks?(Ha)

3. How did you know that?

4. Would you please give me the URL of that site? (GZ consulate!!)