Wife just called, she has the P-4 letter!!!

My wife, who lives in Guangzhou, just called and in a very excited voice said that she just received the P-4 letter from the Consulate. For those interested it consisted of (2) pages. The 1st page was on pink paper and was a hand drawn map showing the new location and a few surrounding streets. The new address is: 5th floor-2nd annex, Tian Yu Garden, 136-142, Lin He Zhong Road, Guangzhou. It also said that all Visa interviews will take place at the new location effective 08-08-05. However, it also said that any mail being sent to the Consulate should use their old address. The 2nd page was a simple letter stating that her interview had been scheduled for 08-25-05 and that she should be their at 8:00 am with all required forms sent with her P-3 and that she should bring all necessary supporting documents to prove that she has a BONA FIDE relationship with the petitioner. Anyway, DOS giving you the Interview date over the phone is one thing, but having the P-4 letter in your hand gives you a more secure feeling. So, needless to say we are quite excited. I hope that this information may answer some questions for those people behind us. Good luck to all. :blink: :o :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

great news for you, and also for the rest of us too. at least they are now scheduling interviews at the new offices. the delay, if there was any seems to have been very short.

yesterday i sent an email to the consulating asking about any information about our interview and the upcoming move of the consulate. here was their reply:

=================

Once the interview date is scheduled, we will mail the

appointment packet to her address. Given high volume of visa

applications, we cannot predict when the interview will be scheduled. The move will not affect the scheduling of the interviews, and we will include a map and address in our appointment packet if the interview is scheduled after the move.

=================

i have been in china for a month now, and we had hoped we would hear our interview schedule while i was here. but so far no news. we're already planning for my return trip as soon as we hear of our interview schedule.

- wulongtea