What are the chances?

Hi, I have a question about my SO's k3 case. My mother is co-sponser on the initial immigrant visa case because I'm unemployed. I also haven't filed taxes for the last 3 years because my income was low enough not to file. Low enough being zero. Therefore, family members have helped with the affidavit of support form.

When I filed the other affidavit for the C-1 case, the instructions just stated that if no tax returns were filed, to give an explanation. So that's what I did and with my mother's co-sponsership the case was approved.

But what about the K3? Should I do the same with the i-134? Should I even bother to file? Or will my mother's i-134 be enough?

Am I worrying too much? :blink:

TO answer the original question, if you go to the K3 interview, you'll need to fill out a I-134 yourself (as Gene stated)

--

Here's an FAQ comment:

Q If the I-130 arrives in Guangzhou do we have to go that route. Do we have a choice?

If the I-130 petition remains at or is in transit from NVC, or the applicant has already commenced K3 application (by returning Packet 3 forms) when the I-130 petition arrives at post, he/she may continue to process the K3 rather than switch to IR1 processing. K3 applicants may opt at any time to process as IR1s rather than continue the K3 application.

What do you want to pursue:

1) K3 - gets her here and you can do adjustment of status in US

2) CR1 and she comes to US as permanent resident with greencard and no adjust of status to do in US...

There's a hybrid.. she gets here on K3 and goes back to china for CR1 interview and visa....

cool. Thanks everybody.

...So I do file. Great. But does it matter that I have never filed taxes? Well I filed once in 1999 because I came into an inheritance, but nothing since.

Will my mother's i-134 form be enough to supliment my own lacking form?

Where do I file the i-134? right now I'm in Hunan province with my wife.

Sorry, I'm a bit slow :blink:

Will my mother's i-134 form be enough to supliment my own lacking form?

Here's a comment out of the FAQ I am revising:

If you use a joint sponsor, your's doesn't mean anything. It can have zero income/assets. You have to file one since you are the petitioner, but if you don't meet the minimum, the joint sponsor needs to be able to pick up the full tab - not the difference.

Here's the guideline:

FY 2005

Sponsors Household size - 125% of poverty line

2 - $16037

3 - $21112

4 - $24187

and so forth..... Hawaii and Alaska are more.