The disappearing act

Still here, but instead of being on CFL 10 hours every day it is now about once a week - more reading than posting. More time spent with her means less time haggling with our INS (whatever they are now calling themselves this week[uSCIS I think]).

You can see what we went through in our timeline below, but she has been here over 2 years and we still feel newlywed. She loves the U.S. and has adapted to it well. It has probably helped that she has always spoken good English.

You said you had 117 degrees. You must be in LV; we set a new 117 degree record here this summer. But it was at that time, a DRY HEAT :blink:

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still here also. Only able to check in for a short time and read some posts. Our marriage certificate got delayed and sent in the AOS forms with a week to spare. :angry: Now we can sit back and wait because Honolulu is processing AOS cases in 1-1/2 to 2 years.

Ling is slowly coming to like Maui. We are too much like a village to her. :D But she has adapted well. A neighbor just had a garage sale and when she discovered you could sell all your unused items she was all fired up to sell all my things. She said the first thing to go would be me! :P (I think she was joking.) Her daughter is loving it though and just started school today. She has really taken to my black lab too, to the surprise of us all. OK, maybe she's not my lab anymore as the dog follows her everywhere.

We are expecting in Late Jan/Feb so am busy with the house and getting it all ready for baby. Then I'll really be busy!! :o Life is great and couldn't be any better. Now if I could only only hide a few of my things before they get sold...

So what is 2 years in Hawaii time? :lol: Just hang loose. Being on Maui might make her feel island bound. You might go over to Honolulu but that's just a little bigger village.

Please keep quiet about yard sales. I am afraid of where I will be if she discovers she can sell me. :rolleyes:

\000/ Shaka Brudda

• 1 month later...

Im still here.. Qingqing arrived last weekend and its been non stop as well for us.. We Just picked up the wedding rings yesterday and made flight arrangements for a wedding in Vegas in November. Next week, we will get the SSN for her and start to fill out the AOS papers ,those that we can answer now...She doesnt miss China at all!...Loves America!...Has kept in touch with her family on the phone alot though..Is very happy here now thats shes with me forever..

I'm just a bit ahead of Steve on this one, but I never left CFL, just scan most of the items for now.

SSN, State ID and Wedding are done and I'm working on the recently revised, updated Brand Spaning NEW AOS, EAD & AP paperwork today. Wish they would make up their mind and quit revising the forms. :lol:

My wife just came down and checked out that I am writing on CFL again. :lol:

Hope to be off to the copy machine soon to get everything ready to send off in the next few days, then wait for the next step.

Im still here.. Qingqing arrived last weekend and its been non stop as well for us.. We Just picked up the wedding rings yesterday and made flight arrangements for a wedding in Vegas in November. Next week, we will get the SSN for her and start to fill out the AOS papers ,those that we can answer now...She doesnt miss China at all!...Loves America!...Has kept in touch with her family on the phone alot though..Is very happy here now thats shes with me forever..

164477[/snapback]

My fiancee hasn't missed a step in keeping in touch with her

friends and family in China either.

She is up until 3am talking via Yahoo IM/Webcam & Skype.

I'm just glad she is not using the house phone.$$$$$$$$$$$$

Edited by pkfops (see edit history)
i disapeared for several months because my heart has broken.

I am facing my illness and the unstable relationship with my girl

151536[/snapback]

That's the saddest timeline I've ever seen, Cliff.

So sorry things didn't work out. And I wish a speedy recovery for you.

Hang in there; life goes on just as sure as the sun rises.

Bump...I see an "AngryTexan" in the Crowd

164409[/snapback]

I am wondering where he is. He stood me and friend up for lunch a couple of years ago. I'd be real surprised if he was still around.

164919[/snapback]

Yea, he was here. Posted in a different thread about something, I pulled this up and then he was gone :D

I was thinking about Kim and Jacob Du and the 'lil one too (pardon the pun).

They live in Louisiana but I'm not sure what part of the state.

I haven't seen her here since the hurricanes.

I sure hope that they weren't involved in that mess. And if they were, I hope they fared well!

BTW Kim registered here November 1, 2003. What a coincedence.

-good luck kimnjake

• 2 weeks later...

Just poking my head in real quick. Cai Yun and I have been doing well. We're expecting a little baby boy at the end of January. We still haven't received her greencard (our case went from us, to Atlanta, to (I think) Nebraska, to California), but things are looking up. She'll be learning to drive in the next month or two. We haven't been back to China yet, but are planning to sometime in the next year or so.

Really things are going great. It was well-worth the hassle, and hopefully we'll be finished soon.