The Chinese Holidays

Hi All,

Would somebody be so kind as to either tell me or direct me to a location on the net where I can get a complete list of Chinese holidays??? My wife is all the time mentioning that she is off work for some holiday that I do not understand. It seems they have many holidays and that they are very long holidays - sometimes a entire week. I really want to know these dates.

Thanks,

Scott

(m-coon)

Looks like that is a fair listing David.

Remember Traditional holidays such as New Year (up to 3 weeks off but at least a week) are on the Chinese calendar so they shift every year on the Western or Gregorian calendar.

One of the things Chinese are often amazed at is how few holidays we have and "only a three day weekend!".

China (Mainland) Public Holidays(actual days-off)

New Year ----------Jan.1st

Chinese New Year -------- flexible according to lunar calendar, 7 days off, usually during end of Jan to mid of Feb.

Lady's Fest -------- Mar. 8th, Ladies entitled to 0.5 day off

May Day(Labour Day) ------- May 1st -7th

Kid's Fest ------- Jun. 1st, Parents with kids entitled to 0.5 day off, kids 1 day off.

Army's Celebration Day ------- Aug.1st, all army members are entitled to 0.5 day off.

National Day------- Oct.1st-7th

Thats all

Totally we have 3 long holidays, in Feb.(usually), May and Oct., we have to work on weekends prior or after the 7 day holiday.(Government just shifts the weekends and work days to make a long holiday so people can travel, actually it is only 3 days holiday)

• 3 weeks later...

Off topic reply.... Brazil gets more holidays than anything I have ever seen... last time their national team won the World Cup in Soccer, their President declared a National Holiday...... every opportunity to party, they do......