Lovely Phone Call to DOS Today

Guest blsqueaky

Guest blsqueaky

Just now got off the phone with a very nice person at DOS, and here is what she said, and before I start, I hope that I do not ruffle any feathers here.

As of June 7th, per their computer, Ling is eligible for her interview now, all that GZ is waiting for is the hard copy. DOS tells me that they should have that within the next 7-10 days. I asked them what will be a good projection as far as interview date, and they told me that it should be the end of Aug or 1st week of Sep, and that DOS also understands my concern as far as notification of her interview, since they know that she lives here in the states, since they could see the emails that I have sent GZ, and we will need time to plan, especially after DOS told me that the interview is scheduled with 1-2 months notice, and 1 month notice is going to cause some serious problems, considering that it will take 10-14 days for me to receive the appt letter, so they told me, call them at the end of the month, and write to GZ again, and tell them that I need email notification.

Await your replies and questions. Thanks everyone

CONGRATULATIONS!! One more step toward the end of the road!

What DOS has told me on several occasions is that GZ really finds things out first, and logs their info on the computer. That is what DOS sees - what GZ logs into the computer. Sometiimes DOS can be a bit more articulate about giving info (and sometimes not - you have to ask the right questions), but GZ is really running the show once the fiancee files his/her application.

Best of luck!!

Guest blsqueaky

Today rec'd email from GZ, they are saying that it takes 2 months to receive the paperwork. What a crock. Don't they know in this puter age, we can see when they receive paperwork. From what I gather, DOS seems to know more than GZ.

Also according to what DOS told me, the only think that GZ really needs to do is a security check, and how hard will that be since Ling has not lived there for 1 year now.

Will call again at the end of the month

Today rec'd email from GZ, they are saying that it takes 2 months to receive the paperwork. What a crock. Don't they know in this puter age, we can see when they receive paperwork. From what I gather, DOS seems to know more than GZ.

Also according to what DOS told me, the only think that GZ really needs to do is a security check, and how hard will that be since Ling has not lived there for 1 year now.

Will call again at the end of the month

:D :lol: :D :o You sound like me now. http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons6/24.gifhttp://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons6/24.gif

Guest blsqueaky
Sqeakster, after all this, would you recommend others to do the IR1 thing??

Trigg my man, I am not sure. It all depends on what the situation is. There are so many factors involved here, like how long married, where the SO lives, will it fit in budget to travel back, and how long of a delay for the EAD, AOS, etc, etc. In may case, if I had to do it again, I would.

Trigg, this is something that they would have to think about, like also look at some others and what they went through, but that was the black hole days, Owen, Mick too name 2