Just want to thank all the board members and moderators! You have helped me tremendously.

Song and I leave for the USA tomorrow! This is my sixth time to Nanning!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What I have written below is a bit mawkish, but here goes!

I feel overwhelmed. My SO is giving up a great deal to go with me to the USA. She leaves behind her aging mother, three sisters, many friends, and a good job. She has worked very hard on her English. She is a wonderful person.

I feel a great responsibility to her. More than anything, I want her to be happy.

Rupert

I feel overwhelmed.  My SO is giving up a great deal to go with me to the USA. She is a wonderful person.

I feel a great responsibility to her.  More than anything, I want her to be happy.

Rupert

Remember this always. Most of us feel the same way. The great benifit you will get when you try to make them happy is them giving you the same respect--Works kinda nice that way.

One thing I told her from the start is that she can always return home.

I hope to spend my retirement years in China.

Oddly enough, we have had that discussion!

Rupert

She is going into unknown territory.

She has a happy life where she is.

I remember my first trip to China, it

may be the same for her.

The good part is that she has her cousins and

Auntie & Uncle living in SF.

We will send money back on a regular basis as her

is retired.

Special spouses will do special things. It takes sacrifices on both sides I believe. She/ he will leave his native country, friends, job, etc... but us/we have to show extreme patience, teach different ways, adapt to different ideas and philosophies...

All for love.. great isnt it?

:o