Concerning blue slips. Or how I learned

Great work nooneufo!

A few points: There have been "near misses" in the interview process ---- My Fei was one of them. If I hadn't been there several days before hand to prepare her, Fei certainly would have drawn a blue slip... but yeah, it probably would have been overcome eventually in her case... I related our account here at the Candle, several others have as well..

Third party interference could be ANYBODY!

Not just a match-maker owed money, for instance, but also jealous co-worker, for (as Fei feared, but which did not come to pass..) Carl's advice is best for the SO particularly---- don't let others know your SO plans in China ----

----- And who knows .... (in the mind's eye of the GZ Consulate) what constitutes vaidity --- a valid source of information against your SO..... Certainly, NOTHING close to that which would stand up in an American Court of Law...

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

great explanation nooneufo

I will use this to my advantage, I can't get a VHS video so I think I will send an mpg of some of the videos I took in China and ask Lizzy to take her U-disk to the embassy in case they need it. Maybe they can't use it, but I need to do whatever I can to help because i simply can't afford to go there in june and july... but will do whatever I can to help her

Dan

darianstarfire,

You should have your video stuff put on to VHS format as has been discussed elswhere and in the link and resources of CFL, since the consulate will not accept any other format. It is this fact, that I disgree with, but it being wrong, and us being right won't help. Be ready to jump when they say jump and get it transferred to VHS if you think you should have this on hand. The people who do the video stuff outside the consulate told me they can transfer it it for you.

oregonknl,

I quite agree with you, which is why I made the effort and was able to go. Certainly there were a number of items I corrected, and talking face to face with my SO with that feedback allowed me to help her trim the the excessive answers. She, and others she talked with felt they should be honest and sincere, but I said this should be tempered with don't give more than necessary. She did not let anyone know what was happening at work, this was a major concern for us if the consulate should call them, and that they might say things to keep their worker, was a concern.

Thank you warpbored and sawadee. I only had only used specific blue slip data from the interview tracking data, even though I had more info on my blue slip list of who did have blue slips, but was interested in percentages. MoonCarolCafe was beyond my track list which is why I did not have it, but certainly it should be on the list if the information about it will help in knowing what to avoid. Ahhming and James&Baolin I had on my list but no real tracking info. I have added to the list below. Anyone with further information or changes please let me know and I will add it in for reference.

Blue slip interview dates most recent first.

---------------------Interview----Reasons

K1---jimglot --------05/31/05-----Evidence/financial?

K1---njbernie--------04/15/05-----Evidence/financial/passport copy/resolved

K1/K2-boba-----------04/14/05-----Video/Communications/Resolved

K3---Mike Xiao-------03/11/05-----Processing Review/reason unknown/3rd party?

K1---rogerluli-------03/09/05-----Expired marriageability certificate expired/Resolved

K3---maxamilagro-----02/24/05-----More evidence/Resolved

K3---ChuckandShuping-02/16/05-----More evidence/3rd party corresspondence problem/Resolved

??---Deekdoken-------02/14/05-----Video/Communications?

??---Ahhming---------01/27/05-----Communications?

K1---Leejcandle------01/26/05-----More evidence/Expired single Certificate/Resolved

??---JPD-------------01/19/05-----Copy of Passport notarized/Resolved

??---LoPaoJai--------01/19/05-----Video/More evidence/Resolved

??---Quoging---------01/18/05-----More evidence/Wrote letter of support/Resolved

K1---Xmarine---------12/09/04-----More evidence/ Financial/Resolved

??---Alex------------12/03/04-----Communications/Divorce/3rd party corresspondence problem?

K1---trvldog---------11/12/04-----Video/More evidence-statement from petitioner, passport, Etc./Resolved

??---james&baolan----10/19/04-----Communications/Resolved

K1---jkobman---------08/16/04-----Video/Resolved

K1---warpbored-------04/13/04-----Video/Resolved

K1---tywy_99---------10/24/03-----Original divorce papers/Resolved

??---MoonCarolCafe---??/??/??-----video?/Resolved

Excellent information to chew on, but I do have some concern about the accuracy involved in the various calculations as perhaps you have left out one or two key indicators. With the denials and approvals have you considered applying an index giving weight to the number of posts and blue thingys to see if there is a relevant factor that has been overlooked? ;) :lol:

Great work nooneufo!

A few points:  There have been "near misses" in the interview process  ----  My Fei was one of them. If I hadn't been there several days before hand to prepare her, Fei certainly would have drawn a blue slip...  but yeah, it probably would have been overcome eventually in her case...    I related our account here at the Candle, several others have as well..

Third party interference could be ANYBODY! 

Not just a match-maker owed money, for instance,  but also jealous co-worker, for  (as Fei feared, but which did not come to pass..)  Carl's advice is best for the SO particularly---- don't let others know your SO plans in China  ----

----- And who knows ....  (in the mind's eye of the GZ Consulate)  what constitutes vaidity ---  a valid source of information against your SO.....  Certainly, NOTHING close to that which would stand up in an American Court of Law...

good point... just because someone got the pink/purple/lavender/violet slip doesn't mean that it was a walk in the park.. for some, it was quite the interrogation !

When you review the interviews, you can see if and when the VO goes down a certain line of questions to probe a little... but previous marriage is probably the most frequent additional questions...

Excellent information to chew on, but I do have some concern about the accuracy involved in the various calculations as perhaps you have left out one or two key indicators. With the denials and approvals have you considered applying an index giving weight to the number of posts and blue thingys to see if there is a relevant factor that has been overlooked? :huh:  :wub:

Yes.

This is my first exposure to this website. I wonder if anyone else has experienced our situation. I am dealing with a fiancee (K-1) visa. My fiancee lives in Changsha, Hunan. Our interview date was June 18. We spent two weeks dealing with blue (and white) forms, and the key obstacle has become the fact that she had been a member of the communist party. Guangzhou has denied the visa, and sent her case to the US State Department in DC. We aren't sure how long it will be before the "Security Advisory Committee" will review her case. And, then, if she gets the clearance, we don't know if the process in Guangzhou will continue, or if the visa will be issued after Guangzhou gets a clearnance. Further, if she does not get the clearance, we have heard of a "waiver" option. Can anyone comment? Thanks.

:rolleyes: Welcome Aboard :lol:

You have come to the right place. Yes there have been people here that have gone through that process, troublesome but they made it through it and got the visa. I don't remember any of the details so hopefully they are still around and will chime in. You can also do a search I know there are a few threads on that problem.

This is my first exposure to this website. I wonder if anyone else has experienced our situation. I am dealing with a fiancee (K-1) visa. My fiancee lives in Changsha, Hunan. Our interview date was June 18. We spent two weeks dealing with blue (and white) forms, and the key obstacle has become the fact that she had been a member of the communist party. Guangzhou has denied the visa, and sent her case to the US State Department in DC. We aren't sure how long it will be before the "Security Advisory Committee" will review her case. And, then, if she gets the clearance, we don't know if the process in Guangzhou will continue, or if the visa will be issued after Guangzhou gets a clearnance. Further, if she does not get the clearance, we have heard of a "waiver" option. Can anyone comment?  Thanks.

You should take a look at this:

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index....=ST&f=1&t=10146

There is an exception if membership was required for employment and such, but normally it would seem the presentation of this information is easiest handled at the interview, but we you are past that now. Below is some information that should be helpful. Not sure what the process demands you do to get this handled.

http://straylight.law.cornell.edu/uscode/h...82----000-.html

INA: ACT 212 - GENERAL CLASSES OF ALIENS INELIGIBLE TO RECEIVE VISAS AND INELIGIBLE FOR ADMISSION; WAIVERS OF INADMISSIBILLITY0„2

0„2

Sec. 212. [8 U.S.C. 1182]

0„2

(a) Classes of Aliens Ineligible for Visas or Admission.-Except as otherwise provided in this Act, aliens who are inadmissible under the following paragraphs are ineligible to receive visas and ineligible to be admitted to the United States:

(3) Security and related grounds.-

(D) Immigrant membership in totalitarian party.-

0„2

(i) In general.-Any immigrant who is or has been a member of or affiliated with the Communist or any other totalitarian party (or subdivision or affiliate thereof), domestic or foreign, is inadmissible.

0„2

(ii) Exception for involuntary membership.- Clause (i) shall not apply to an alien because of membership or affiliation if the alien establishes to the satisfaction of the consular officer when applying for a visa (or to the satisfaction of the Attorney General when applying for admission) that the membership or affiliation is or was involuntary, or is or was solely when under 16 years of age, by operation of law, or for purposes of obtaining employment, food rations, or other essentials of living and whether necessary for such purposes.

Good Luck

Excellent information to chew on, but I do have some concern about the accuracy involved in the various calculations as perhaps you have left out one or two key indicators. With the denials and approvals have you considered applying an index giving weight to the number of posts and blue thingys to see if there is a relevant factor that has been overlooked? B)  :blink:

Yes.

Very critical information indeed.

Lee great job on preparing the reponse regarding Communist party membership. Perhaps your informative and well organized post could be copied to FAQ.

Anyone remember Senator McCarthy and the witchhunts?

"Paul Robeson was not only close to the party, but particularly to its senior black leaders such as William Patterson and Ben Davis, Jr. When the government arrested, tried and sentenced many of these communists under the Smith Act, Robeson was on hand to defend them in the public arena......

He once saifd "the Communists use the Negro and we only wish more

people would want to use us this way." More bold than Paul Robeson was his

wife Eslanda who moved rapidly towards the Left and left an indelible

impression on the McCarthyites. Brought in front of McCarthy¡¯s House

UnAmerican Activities commission in 1949, she did not flinch. "I don¡¯t know

anybody that is dedicated to overthrowing the government by force and

violence," she said, "the only force and violence I know is what I have

experienced and seen in this country, and it has not been by communists."

Paul Robeson wrote after enduring several hearings: "The truth is: I am not and never have been involved in any international conspiracy or any other kind, and I don't know anyone who is. It should be plain to everybody that if the government officials had a shred of evidence to back up that charge, you can bet your last dollar that they would have tried their best to put me under their jail."

Such standing up to the Commitee on Un-American Affairs has gained greater protection for American citizen's to express themselves. Robeson had his passport revoked. However our SOs are not American citizens at the interview and face tests of acceptability.