spoke with the DOS today and got the same answer " name check is not completed". I insisted to ask for more infor. this time and they told me something new. They said that there are 7 people who have the same name as my SO waiting for their visas and it requires more time with the names check. Well, I am very upset right now but what else can I do?

Believe me, I feel for you. My SO and I are in the same boat. Just received yet another response from GZ that the name check is incomplete. I'm sure that if I call DOS tomorrow, I'll hear the same thing.

It is interesting that DOS told you such detailed information about the 7 people with the same name requesting a visa. I didn't know they had that kind of information.

IF that's true, it really shouldn't take all these months to sort out who's who. Quite likely most of those "7 people" aren't even the same gender as your SO, and it's unlikely that any of them have the same birth date, for example.

Have you written to your elected representatives? I wrote to my senior US senator (Feinstein) about 10 days ago. I'll email or telephone her office next week to follow up.