Clearance delay on NVC to GUZ

There is no doubt there is discrimination. now that russia isn't the big threat like before, who's the #2 world power now? Canada?

There were 5 packages shipped from NVC on 4-12-05 and arrived the middle of May. As of last Friday 6-3-05, GZ says they still don't have our application. It looks like (from DHL tracking of apps from NVC NH) applications are recieved in small groups. Here's the reply I got last Friday from GZ. After readin below I wonder where are the other 1000 to 2500 petitions coming from? and are all of those 1st priority, like mine? (correction, 2nd priority behind unmarried children of US Citizens.)

Dear Doug,

After NVC notifies an applicant that they have shipped the petition to the Consulate, typically it takes 60 to 120 days for file/petition to be received and processed by post. This time period includes the time required to clear China's customs, security screening of the boxes when they are received by post, and then sorting and processing time for the Immigrant Visa Unit.

WE have not received this petition. Please understand that an average shipment of petitions from NVC contains approximately 1,100 to 2,500 petitions per shipment. We appreciate your patience and assure you

that we will do everything possible to expeditiously process your case.

To respond to this email, use only the web form at www.usembassy-china.org.cn/guangzhou/iv/email.html. E-mails sent via "reply" will not be received. You can access limited case specific information - confirm Visa Petition arrival at post and verify interview date - at the National Visa Information Call center (a for fee service).

See www.usavisainformation.com.cn/eng/index.aspx.

Call Center # (China) 400-872-333 (International) 8621-3881-4611

Sincerely, Immigrant Visa Unit

US Consulate General Guangzhou

on another note: Does the article below explain why DCF is faster?

SUBJECT: SUMMARY OF SPECIAL PROCESSING REQUIREMENTS

Once a Donkey or Bear cable is sent the post must suspend all action on the case until a reply is received.

d) For most issued Chinese, Cuban, Russian and Vietnamese applicants posts also must mail in a copy of the visa application, in addition to any telegraphic clearances.

Visas Eagle telegrams must be submitted for the following persons:

(1) K nonimmigrant visa applicants;

(2) immigrant visa applicants; and

These cases may be brought to conclusion 10 working days after submission of the Visas Eagle telegram unless otherwise advised by the Department.

Visas Eagle Mantis (applies to posts in China only)

A Visas Eagle Mantis telegram must be submitted on Chinese applicants (only when applying at a China post) who are coming to study (other than undergraduate students under 30 years of age), teach, conduct research, engage in commercial activity, participate in an exchange program, attend meetings or conferences, or be temporarily employed or trained in a scientific or technical field on the Technology Alert List.

Visas Donkey Mantis (applies to all other posts)

A Visas Donkey Mantis telegram must be submitted on Chinese applicants (when applying outside of China) who are coming to study (other than undergraduate students under 30 years of age), teach, conduct research, engage in commercial activity, participate in an exchange program, attend meetings or conferences, or be temporarily employed or trained in a scientific or technical field on the Technology Alert List. The Department's response is required prior to issuance.

need more help, this is ohioboy and last night i got a e-mail from the consulate that says-the case is under necessary pre-interview processing we will notify the applicant once the interview date is set. please wait for our imformation.- i guess this is good news, i am not sure? i guess they recieved the cr-1 that was send april 15 from nvc. with a cr-1 will they send her a p-3 or was that done at the nvc? please i understand i have a long wait but what do i need to do next? i guess just wait? should i call the pay service and see what they say? thanks for all the advice. Keith

need more help, this is ohioboy and last night i got a e-mail from the consulate that says-the case is under necessary pre-interview processing we will notify the applicant  once the interview date is set. please wait for our imformation.-    i guess this is good news, i am not sure? i guess they recieved the cr-1 that was send april 15 from nvc. with a cr-1 will they send her a p-3 or was that done at the nvc? please i understand i have a long wait but what do i need to do next? i guess just wait? should i call the pay service and see what they say?  thanks for all the advice. Keith

I don't see your timeline.. but assume you did the DS230 ...

The NVC DS-230 package takes the place of a GUZ P-3. So that NO p-3 is sent out from GUZ for a CR-1...

I got a similar response from DOS about our case CR-1 case when I called last week. At first they just told me no interview was scheduled yet, then they confirmed it has been recieved by Guangzhou. For CR-1 the P3 was already done at NVC. The next step is a background check and I am sure that takes a while. It wouldn't hurt to call DOS at (202) 663-1225 sometimes to find out what is happening with your case.

I think DHL is doing a favor for GUZ, by holding the packages until GUZ is ready for them.  Maybe DHL is supposed to tag packages GUZ does not want  with the "Clearance Delay", but they are not perfect so some get the " On Hand at Destination Facility, etc." tag.

Many of us have suspected this from the beginning. Many when GZ moves into the new facility with presumably more storage, DHL will deliver more quickly...and the packages will wait at the consulate instead of at DHL. :)

Yes it should be amusing if not heartbreaking to hear the new delay story. Of course this one works so well why change?

Conspiracy theories abound but I don't think they put that much thought to this. The customs delay is a convenient point of slow down to control the accumulation of cases at GUZ. Like a funnel you contol the input. At least we haven't heard of anything like the case a couple years ago where an officer in Laguna Nigel was shredding most of the applications because his work load was heavy. He was fired so there is a limit to what USCIS even accepts as SOP.

I think DHL is doing a favor for GUZ, by holding the packages until GUZ is ready for them.  Maybe DHL is supposed to tag packages GUZ does not want  with the "Clearance Delay", but they are not perfect so some get the " On Hand at Destination Facility, etc." tag.

Many of us have suspected this from the beginning. Many when GZ moves into the new facility with presumably more storage, DHL will deliver more quickly...and the packages will wait at the consulate instead of at DHL. :blink:

Yes it should be amusing if not heartbreaking to hear the new delay story. Of course this one works so well why change?

Conspiracy theories abound but I don't think they put that much thought to this. The customs delay is a convenient point of slow down to control the accumulation of cases at GUZ. Like a funnel you contol the input. At least we haven't heard of anything like the case a couple years ago where an officer in Laguna Nigel was shredding most of the applications because his work load was heavy. He was fired so there is a limit to what USCIS even accepts as SOP.

yes.. the bottleneck is going to occur somewhere, and storage as well.

My main questions about this dubious affair are:

1) Have we learned anything that is useful and definitive?

2) If yes, is it worth including in an FAQ now or later?

I would say we have learned to express our dismay but not sure if that is FAQ or something material.

and I guess it has the potential to change after the move...

but the fact that it goes from NVC to GUZ and sits, is just a paper stack issue.. can really happen anywhere (and everywhere) in the process.. just longer here.

You think they would hold the paperwork up with DHL, so when the backlog elimination report comes out they can write that there cycle times are improving? They can write us emails that say your wait will be 60 to 120 days between the time that NVC sends the apps till the time that GZ recieves them. It wouldn't be lieing, it just wouldn't be the whole truth. It's not really a backlog reduction as much as it is a backlog shift. oh, shifty backlogs... ewey.

for almost 2 months GZ kept telling me "we have no record of your petition." Called NVC today and they told me that GZ requested 2nd name check last Friday. What kind of B-ola is that?

this is always be a topic I'll just never understand...

Well, David, I agree but it seems to me the way of the bluethongy requires each of us to do what we gotta do. In my case, I went to China for that month and didn't give a hoot what DHL did or didn't do.

Same here.. I completely ignored it and went to china... came home and it was still in the process where it was supposed to be... reminds me of checking on tomorrow to see if it will come or not. :P