Clearance delay on NVC to GUZ

This clearance delay with packages going to GUZ has just bothered me. I ship all sorts of packages (including heavy ones) to China via numerous carriers. With proper documents they are delivered to any big city in 3-4 days. If you are going to somewhere small or remote, expect a week or more.

The idea that there could be some sort of delay in shipping a package from a US Gov agency in USA : to a US Gov agency in another country seemed fishy.

I think DHL is doing a favor for GUZ, by holding the packages until GUZ is ready for them. Maybe DHL is supposed to tag packages GUZ does not want with the "Clearance Delay", but they are not perfect so some get the " On Hand at Destination Facility, etc." tag.

Your not sure ? Look at this tracking number 7860730220.

DHL
track by number

Why would GUZ refuse a package delivery? We are just pawns in this process. No one in our government cares about us or will give us just a minute of their attention.

There are more than 12 days worth of shipments from NVC to GUZ being held at DHL. I hope us taxpayers are not incurring extra fees for storage. We already paid top dollar for the 3 day air shipment - now they sit and wait for weeks :ohmy:

Yes, Ed, I'm sure we're paying for DHL to store the packages until they are ready. I remember our was received electronically pretty quickly but waited 6 weeks for them to "receive it". Even though DHL had indicated it was there. Then one day King noted that a van had unloaded crates of mail to the consulate and a week later we had the P3.

Guest DragonFlower

Smoke and mirrors, guys.When I was at the meeting on 5/20/05,the VO told the whole crowd there that the sstuff was sent by boat.

I suppose it is all meant to keep us guessing.

The more I watch this,it makes me sad.

long

Smoke and mirrors, guys.When I was at the meeting on 5/20/05,the VO told the whole crowd there that the sstuff was sent by boat.

long

"Send by boat"???

That's a big NO-NO, to give falsified information and to make a joke to the citizens.

Did you take down his name? You should write a letter to the Sec'y of the State Dept.

Whoever that fellow who said that, he should be disciplined for making false statements like that. That's denigrating the citizens, both the Chinese and also YOU, the American.

There is also a racial discrimination tone to the statement, i.e. making a joke by inference of immigrants as boat people.

In case you don't know, there is a history of discrimination against the Chinese. Read http://sun.menloschool.org/~mbrody/ushisto.../exclusion_act/

If the intent was to give falsified information, then that person needs further training and education. If the intent was to make a joke, then that person needs cultural training because definitely doesn't belong there.

I think DHL is doing a favor for GUZ, by holding the packages until GUZ is ready for them.  Maybe DHL is supposed to tag packages GUZ does not want  with the "Clearance Delay", but they are not perfect so some get the " On Hand at Destination Facility, etc." tag.

Many of us have suspected this from the beginning. Many when GZ moves into the new facility with presumably more storage, DHL will deliver more quickly...and the packages will wait at the consulate instead of at DHL. :blink:

hi to all this is my first post, my cr1 was approved march 30 and sent to china on april 15 i sent e-mail and called using the pay as you go, they say they do no have the papers in computer and cant tell me anything, what should i do, and with a cr-1 will they send this to her or was this done with all the papers at the nvc, and the p-4 what is this is it just info for her on interwiew? any help would be good thanks Keith :rolleyes:

hi to all this is my first post, my cr1 was approved march 30 and sent to china on april 15  i sent e-mail and called using the pay as you go, they say they do no have the papers in computer and cant tell me anything, what should i do, and with a cr-1 will they send this to her or was this done with all the papers at the nvc,  and the p-4 what is this is it just info for her on interwiew?  any help would be good    thanks Keith :rolleyes:

Welcome. My response assumes the CR-1 process from NVC to GZ is the same as for the K-1. If not, maybe someone will correct me.

Chances are your I-130 is sitting in one of two places. It's either still at the DHL facility waiting to be delivered to GZ or it's been delivered to GZ and is waiting to be entered into the computer system. If you know the date the files left NVC, you can call DHL with this information and the addresses of the sender (NVC) and the recipient (GZ), and they should be able to give you a tracking number. Then you can go to the DHL website and see if your files are still in DHL's possession. If there are multiple shipments to GZ on your date, it is usually safe to assume that the visa files are the last to leave the DHL facility.

If all deliveries have been made to GZ for your date of shipment, then it usually means that GZ has them but hasn't gotten around to entering the information into the system. For me, it was easier to call DOS here in the states to get a status update on when GZ has entered the data.

You can do a search to get the particulars about the addresses and phone numbers.

Others who are going through the I-130/CR-1 route can advise you better on what's in store for you once GZ enters your data into the system.

long

When I went to the information session at GZ a year ago they told us that it is because it takes that long to clear customs. I didn't believe them then either. They are just using DHL as a warehouse.

Use DHL as a warehouse? Nah! Let's use the White Swan Presidential Suite. What? It's full of packages already? Then let's get other room. They want more money for the room? No problem we'll take the visas to the local post office and charge them money to pick it up!

amerchin Posted on Jun 5 2005, 04:33 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Use DHL as a warehouse? Nah! Let's use the White Swan Presidential Suite. What? It's full of packages already? Then let's get other room. They want more money for the room? No problem we'll take the visas to the local post office and charge them money to pick it up!  

Good idea !!! I am all for pay as you go. GUZ has outsourced the delivery of visas. The next logical step is to out source the processinng of the visa to someone that gives a sh*t or at least is paid based on performance.

Is there hope ? or is this another cruel government trick.