First of all have you called NVC? Their phone number is 603 334 0700 Give them the beneficiary's birthdate and the 13 digit service center number and they will give you your GUZ number. 7 months is a long time at NVC It is possible it has already cleared and been sent to GZ where it is waiting to be picked up and P-3 sent out. If it is still at NVC I would start writing politicians to see if they can find out why it has been there so long. Generally they clear NVC in 2 - 5 weeks.

thanks for reply... we got our case GUZ number already. and my fiance Larry wrote email to his senator. But it seems that it couldn't be helpful. The case is still in NVC and no further information. We can't figure out why it takes that long for namecheck and don't know what we can do to speed it up.

Did you call or email NVC? If you did contact them, what did they say? If you didn't correspond with them then email them at:

NVCInquiry@state.gov

I received a reply in 2 days. Write your petitioner's name, beneficiary's name, & receipt number from your I-797C NOA 1 or 2. Then explain your situation.

The fastest way is to contact them by phone (603) 334-0700. 8AM to 6:45PM (EST). You will need to enter the INS receipt number to receive info on your petition. Unfortunately this is an auto response system.

Our name check took long because my SO's name in Mandarin translates to many common names, many "hits".

I did have two FBI agents knock on my door one Saturday, posing as Jahovas and I was cleared about two weeks after that.

Remember, you will not be notified when you are cleared.

You must be proactive at this point.

I found out by emailing "NVCinquiry@state.gov".

Do this once per week until they tell you your case has been forwarded to GZ.

You never know, your file may just be sitting on someone's desk.

Remember that government employees aren't like your bank; they don't get points for customer service.

Let them know you are out there.

The case has been in NVC for almost 7 months and hasn't been clearence yet. What shall we do?

Thanks for reply... we got our case GUZ number already.

How did you find out the GUZ number?

I learned my GUZ number when the case left NVC for GUZ under DOS. Have you called DOS? 202-663-1225 press 1 then 0. Have the GUZ number, applicant's complete name, date of birth and possibly tel# ready.

I recommend writing a letter to NVC. Emails may not be good enough.

When NVC mis-spelled my name, I emailed them and got nothing done. Then I sent three letter in one week, and I got one reply notifying me that my name has been "updated". They did not want to admit their own mistake and used the word "updated" instead of "corrected".

Anyway, a letter seems to get results. One letter every other day for a week.

By the way, are you petitioning for K1 or K3 or CR1 or IR1? I don't understand the "P1" and "P2". Do you mean NOA1 and NOA2 from CSC? Apparently you received the GUZ case number from NVC?

You may also write a letter and an email to:

Secretary Maura Harty

2201 C Street NW

Room 6811

Washington DC 20520

202-647-9576

hartyma@state.gov

Here is a link with a letter written by Carl for his case. You can use it as sample starter. Revise it for your case.

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index....11df44387519380

I recommend writing a letter to NVC. Emails may not be good enough. 

When NVC mis-spelled my name, I emailed them and got nothing done.  Then I sent three letter in one week, and I got one reply notifying me that my name has been "updated". They did not want to admit their own mistake and used the word "updated" instead of "corrected". 

Anyway, a letter seems to get results.  One letter every other day for a week. 

By the way, are you petitioning for K1 or K3 or CR1 or IR1?  I don't understand the "P1" and "P2".  Do you mean NOA1 and NOA2 from CSC?  Apparently you received the GUZ case number from NVC?

You may also write a letter and an email to:

Secretary Maura Harty

2201 C Street NW

Room 6811

Washington DC 20520

202-647-9576

hartyma@state.gov

Here is a link with a letter written by Carl for his case.  You can use it as sample starter.  Revise it for your case.

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index....11df44387519380

We applied K1 visa last April.

P1 is NOA1 , P2 is NOA2 from CSC. Thanks for your information.

P1---Apr. 15th 2004 csc

P2---Nov. 19th 2004

still wait from NVC..

Ok. the P1 is NOA1 and the P-2 is NOA2. Check the P2. The wording on my NOA2 (P2) says "NVC has sent this to DOS". If you have a GUZ number presumably GUZ has your case. Use the GUZ e-mail form and ask them the status.......

NOA = Notice Of Approval

My understanding is the GUZ number is not issued until NVC has cleared the application and is forwarding it on to the consulate. So if you have a GUZ number your NVC processing is done!!! I would rattle as many cages as possible. This means they had to have misplaced it somewhere between NVC and GUZ... Definately unacceptable. Seems like when they do this they should request a new submittal of the application and expedite it.