?How does she get a new K-1 interview??

My fiancee did not succeed at her K-1 visa. She needed to present documents Homeland

Security already saw. Also she needs to prove our relationship continues,

saying we need to show more letters. They will not accept emailing.

I have faxed, emailed, and Global Priority mailed the head of the consulate

Immigrant Visa Section requesting a new appointment and sent copies

of the documents requested; I have emailed two

other members of Immigrant Visa Section; both my fiancee and I have phoned

the consulate several times at working hours, only to leave voice mail. No reply.

HOW DO WE TALK TO A CONSULATE PERSON TO GET A NEW APPOINTMENT?

AND INFORMATION HOW TO ESTABLISH OUR RELATIONSHIP?

Thanking your reply.

Welcome to CFL. You came to the right place for info on K-visas as they relate to China.

I am surprised you haven't gotten a reply from emails. You don't need another appointment if you were given a denial. Your fiancé does however need to go back to the consulate Mon-Wed and submit the additional evidence they asked for. She will then need to come back the next day for the results.

Read it again David. He said they want snail mails not emails. A little unreasonable considering people don't write many letters anymore. Still there should be some correspondence such as birthday cards, holliday cards labels from packages shipped etc.

Read it again David.  He said they want snail mails not emails.  A little unreasonable considering people don't write many letters anymore.  Still there should be some correspondence such as birthday cards, holliday cards labels from packages shipped etc.

Why is this unreasonable, because we are lazy in our modern age?

Have you read the past interviews or American Citizen Hour VOs speak...

Here is what I have in my FAQ :

WHAT DO PEOPLE THINK ARE THE MOST IMPORTANT ISSUE TO GETTING A VISA?

[CFL] [ED]

1. Proof of multiple visits by petitioner

2. Pictures of the couple together, and with beneficiary's family & friends

3. Hand written letters. If from the beneficiary, this also establishes their English proficiency.

4. Proof of frequent and regular calls, preferably logs from a phone company with both caller & callee numbers.

5. Financial Support meets guidelines.

6. If communication is a problem, make a tape.

why would hand written letters be #3 in this list ???

If one wants to understand the process and even VOs, you got to study the data... particularly if your unable to put yourself in their shoes...

I agree one should study the data. Hand written letters are not needed, and this would be a first. This is why I wrote letters for each section of things they might cause us a problem with, explaining it, and welcoming them to call me inside since I was outside waiting. Since two of the pices of evidence requested had these letters, I make some allowance that this may have had some affect. Or none at all. I am firmly with the group that says it is all decided before you show, which is why your intial application is what is critical.

Blue slip interview dates most recent first.

---------------------Interview----Reasons

K1---njbernie----------04/15/05------See below/resolved

1) Yellow slip: Did not present enough information for a bonified relationship.

2) Green slip: Affidavit of support, 2004 tax returns & proof of self-employment (I am self employed, therefore no W2 or payroll receipts).

3) Pink Slip: Letter from petitioner on when we met and how me established our relationship. Plus additional e-mail and correspondence.

Also a notarized copy of each page of my passport.

4) Blue Slip: Basically just saying that her visa application was received.

K1/K2-boba--------------04/14/05-----Video/Communications/Resolved

K3---Mike Xiao-------03/11/05-----Processing Review?

K1---rogerluli-------03/09/05-----Expired marriageability certificate expired/Resolved

K3---maxamilagro-----02/24/05-----More evidence/Resolved

K3---ChuckandShuping-02/16/05-----More evidence/3rd party corresspondence problem/Resolved

??---Deekdoken-------02/14/05-----Video/Communications

??---Ahhming---------01/27/05-----Communications

K1---Leejcandle------01/26/05-----More evidence/Expired single Certificate/Resolved

??---JPD-------------01/19/05-----Copy of Passport notarized/Resolved

??---LoPaoJai--------01/19/05-----Video/More evidence/Resolved

??---Quoging---------01/18/05-----More evidence/Wrote letter of support/Resolved

K1---Xmarine---------12/09/04-----More evidence/ Financial/Resolved

??---Alex------------12/03/04-----Communications/Divorce/3rd party corresspondence problem

K1---trvldog---------11/12/04-----Video/More evidence-statement from petitioner, passport, Etc./Resolved

??---james&baolan----10/19/04-----Communications/Resolved

K1---jkobman---------08/16/04-----Video/Resolved

K1---warpbored-------04/13/04-----Video/Resolved

K1---tywy_99---------10/24/03-----Original divorce papers/Resolved

tywy_99---------10/24/03-----Original divorce papers

jimglot interview 05/31/05

The blue sheet

[ ] Section 221(g) which prohibits the issuance of a visa to anyone whose application does not comply with the provisions of the immigration and nationality act or regulations issued pursuant thereto.the following remarks apply in your case:

the yellow sheet

3. you have been found ineligible for an immigrant/nonimmigrant visa under section 221(g) of the immigration and nationality act. The consulate has carefully reviewed the particular facts of your application for an immigrant/nonimmigrant visa based on your relationship to the petitioner. You have failed to establish that a bona fide relationship exists between you and your petitioner. You are welcome to submit any additional evidence,from 2 to 3 p.m, Monday to Wednesday,of the bona fides of your relationship.

The green sheet

1 [ ]Also bring__1____set of the petitioner’s complete Federal income tax returns ( with W2s,1099s,all schedules) for the three most recent tax years. If your petitioner has not submitted tax returns for any of the past three years, he /she must explain in writing why he/she has not done so.

6.[ ]Please eturn with the following documentation:

[ ] from the petitioner

[ ]Evidence of current employment or self-employment, such as a recent pay statement or a statement from your employer on business stationery,showing beginning date of employment of work performed and salary or wages paid.

[ ]Original canceled paychecks for the past six months. If the sponsor receives their wages in cash, we cannot verify their income.if their employer does begin to pay them with checks,you may return with six months of original paychecks.

[ ]original monthly bank statement for the past___12__ months. One-page statements will not be accepted as evidence.

I agree one should study the data. Hand written letters are not needed, and this would be a first. This is why I wrote letters for each section of things they might cause us a problem with, explaining it, and welcoming them to call me inside since I was outside waiting.  Since two of the pices of evidence requested had these letters, I make some allowance that this may have had some affect. Or none at all. I am firmly with the group that says it is all decided before you show, which is why your intial application is what is critical.

The gray area of what's needed is why we refer to it as a 'kitchen sink' approach...

But I've seen VOs express comments about it.. so that makes it 'reasonable' in my eyes...

Also, they often ask for something that is not necessarily what they are really after.. sometimes they simply ask for a 'original' for something or a financial already brought to the interview.

The golden rule has always been, whatever they ask for give them..

I certainly believe they are predisposed toward a decision prior.. but use the interview as the final 'evidence' to their gut...

I was looking at the OF-171 about a different issue and saw this at the bottom of page 1.. seems it has always been there but never heard anyone comment on it:

"If your application is based on relationship to a U.S. citizen or a lawful permanent resident, you have the responsibility to provide evidence to prove such a relation. If the petition was filed by your brother, sister, or child, you must present the birth certificate of the petitioner. Other evidence may include :

- Letters your petitioner mailed you and letters you sent to petitioner. It is better if you submit letters exchanged before the date the petition was filed. Please remember to ask your petitioner to send back the letters you sent him/her before the petition was filed...

It states letters "mailed".. I don't think they mean email...

Also proves my theory (which I mentioned some time back) to send handwritten letters as part of the application to already prove the english communication (if s/he is able to write in english) and you could get it notorized to boot to remove any doubt as to who wrote it, etc...