Another K1 Visa Success.

Thought I'd relate another K1 interview for the archives.

My older brother's Fiancée (who happens to be my wife's older sister) passed her interview on May 31st!

She was called to Window#7, where a surly looking Chinese V.O. was waiting for her. Only his first two questions were in English, the rest of the interview proceeded in Chinese!

VO- Do you speak English?

......Only a little.

VO- How did you meet?

......Online.

VO-What is his job?

......Bridge Worker.

VO-How will he able to support you?

......*Gave him the I-134 package. He spied the photos in the front of the document carrier.

VO-Can I see the photos?

......*Gave him 3 bound albums. Photos only of them together and family for his 3 trips to China.

VO-Which is his favorite?

......I like this on in BeiJing because it was my first airplane flight.

VO-No. I asked you which is HIS favorite!

......Oh! This one with our engagement rings together.

VO-Have you or your fiancé ever been married before?

......No.

VO-How many times has he been to China?

......4 times including now. *She showed him his passport but he only glanced at it.

VO-OK. You are approved. Take this (pinkish slip) to the ShaMian post office, pay your fee and pick up your Visa 2 days after payment. Have a nice trip.

Other notes:

I made up the documentation folder for my sister-in-law’s interview using a see-through plastic, backpack-style holder which had 5 plastic letter folders inside which were labeled and easy to extract singly as required.

Contents:

(3) spiral bound, computer produced, photo albums with captions, one for each visit to China, pictures of "together" and family.

Green folder: I-134 with all supporting documents bound with acco-fastener at top.

....................Some additional financial docs: several paycheck stubs, utility bills, cable bills.

Blue folder: Affidavit of Communication (because she can't speak good English). Notarized

..................History of Relationship. Notarized

..................Certified copy of Petitioner's complete passport.

Red folder: Long distance phone bills/records.

.................Airplane boarding passes, ticket stubs from China trips.

.................Sample of e-mails from her.

.................Sample of e-mails from him.

.................Sample logs from MSN chats.

.................Sample e-card printouts.

.................Postcards/Letters sent to each other including the envelopes.

Yellow folder: Copy of original I-129 fiancée visa application, including original documents: birth certificates, divorce certificates, etc.

Pink folder: Copies of submitted P3 and P4 documents.

Thanks for the congrats, people. I passed them all along to my brother and sister-in-law, who will soon be my sister-in-law-squared! :huh:

It was certainly an odd circumstance that my brother fell for my wife's older sister, but it is a wonderful thing as well. Now my wife will have her sister living just 5 minutes away from her. Someone she can hang out with and have fun showing her the America that she has come to love the past 3 years.

OH! My brother related one VERY interesting anectdote from an American consulate worker he talked to casually at lunch yesterday....

They were talking about the upcoming consulate move and how disruptive that will be.

The consulate guy said "The move is scheduled to take about a week, but this *IS* China and none of us believe that is gonna be the case."

Thanks again for the congrats. and if anyone needs any help on forms and doument organization, I'd be happy to assist.

Roger Wink

Spokane, WA

Thanks for the congrats, people. I passed them all along to my brother and sister-in-law, who will soon be my sister-in-law-squared! :blink:

It was certainly an odd circumstance that my brother fell for my wife's older sister, but it is a wonderful thing as well.  Now my wife will have her sister living just 5 minutes away from her. Someone she can hang out with and have fun showing her the America that she has come to love the past 3 years.

OH!  My brother related one VERY interesting anectdote from an American  consulate worker he talked to casually at lunch yesterday....

They were talking about the upcoming consulate move and how disruptive that will be.

The consulate guy said "The move is scheduled to take about a week, but this *IS* China  and none of us believe that is gonna be the case."

Thanks again for the congrats. and if anyone needs any help on forms and doument organization, I'd be happy to assist.

Roger Wink

Spokane, WA

meaning less than a week??

Thanks for the congrats, people. I passed them all along to my brother and sister-in-law, who will soon be my sister-in-law-squared! :wub:

It was certainly an odd circumstance that my brother fell for my wife's older sister, but it is a wonderful thing as well.  Now my wife will have her sister living just 5 minutes away from her. Someone she can hang out with and have fun showing her the America that she has come to love the past 3 years.

OH!  My brother related one VERY interesting anectdote from an American  consulate worker he talked to casually at lunch yesterday....

The consulate guy said "The move is scheduled to take about a week, but this *IS* China  and none of us believe that is gonna be the case."

Roger Wink

Spokane, WA

meaning less than a week??

:P :blink: :wub:

Haaaaaaaa Haaaaaaaaa!!!

As much as I LOVE China and the Chinese people, I am quite sure I have never known a collection of slower moving people on earth! Although things get done, it sometimes seems like a comedy routine the way things work in China.

One of my favorite stories happened in 2002 while I was working at an airplane factory in NanChang, JiangXi for 2 months. I was constructing a machine from parts that the factory had made according to our designs. During assembly I noticed that a couple of holes had not been drilled and tapped to allow mounting an important part. I asked one of the workers for a drill and tap so I could do the job.

He left and came back after about 30 minutes with 4 additional workers. They would not allow me to do the work, so I stood back and watched (while my interpreter explained what was going on).

One man had brought and electric drill another man brought a loose box of drill bits, a third man had a box of taps, and a fourth man had a crescent wrench. The man in charge of the drill bits gave the electric drill man a bit which he commenced to use to drill the two holes in the metal frame. Then the man in charge of the taps, used the crescent wrench (they couldn't find an actual Tap Wrench!) to slowly tap each of the holes. This whole process took about an hour! I was simply dumbstruck with the whole comedy routine, but learned that "This is the way things work, in China!".

The next day, I stopped at a tooling shop and purchased an electric drill, tap wrench, set of drills and taps all for about $50 USD. I used them for the remainder of my work and then gave them to one of the engineers who could not believe I didn't want to take them back to America with me! :wub: