Nice to see more people come from out of state.  This promises to be the best get together ever.  I am looking forward to  meeting all of you.

And Carl, we are looking forward to being met.

Hey!! D'ya think we should mention this near national get together somewhere other than the pinned oregon thing?? Maybe some folks don't look at it thinking it is only for left coasters.

I'd like to have a big turnout--wifey almost never mops slaps me in large crowds!

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone given much thought to the menu yet? Is it going to be potluck with the locals bringing enough for our out of state guests? How about activities? Jim would a horse shoe game be feasable? how about badmittin or volleyball? Now me I'm basically lazy. I could bring some cards to play poker.

Anyone given much thought to the menu yet?  Is it going to be potluck with the locals bringing enough for our out of state guests?  How about activities? Jim would a horse shoe game be feasable? how about badmittin or volleyball?  Now me I'm basically lazy. I could bring some cards to play poker.

Poker!?!?!??! hmmm, I will give it a try--what beats what???

Now here is the rules Trigg.  What ever Carl has beats what ever Trigg has no matter what.  If Carl folds however Trigg can keep playing.

The rules are comin' back to e.Yes, now i remember playing at least once or twice. me thinks me sees a potential income enhancer <_< ;) ;)

Great to see more folks coming out for this!!! As far as the Sunday picnic goes, here's the latest list:

Trigg & Fang Ling

Dan R

Gene, Hua, Conner, Tao

Jason

Carl, Bing, Lucy

Don & Xiahong

Dennis

Jim & Juxin

Kim, Fei, daughters

Mike & Lisa

George & Yi

Jim B

Brian & Liuxia

Phil & Jiening

That puts us at about 30 so far, from all over the country <_<

Any others that I'm missing? Any other last minute arrivals??

Our out-of-town guests don't have to worry about a thing, us locals (Washington & Oregon) will gladly take care of everything ;)

It will be potluck style, all foods welcome <_<

Let's have a show of hands regarding who will bring what. Let's make sure all food groups are well represented.

Juxin and I will focus on the alcohol food group, and other beverages too - beer, wine, juice, soda, water, tea, ice.

Sounds like Trigg and Kim will be handling the meat.

So who's volunteering for:

Bread/pasta/noodles

Fruits/vegetables/salads

Snacks

Desserts

REMINDER! To get to our picnic area, use the directions I posted on the first post of this thread. Otherwise one may never find our picnic site.

Our picnic site can't been seen from the main road (Historic Columbia Gorge Highway) or from the waterfalls.

The falls are just south of the main road (and parking lot), and our site is just north of the main raod (and parking lot), and down a steep cliff and through a thicket of trees. There are paths that connect our site to the main road (and parking lot) and of course the waterfalls (5 minute walk) ...

But the best way to get to park a car at our site is to follow the directions here.

If worse comes to worse, if you park at the parking lot on the main road, just start walking (steeply) downhill and before you know it, you'll be there :greenblob: