• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're cracking me up Trigg. Hey Jim what is the bbq situation out there? Do I need to bring my gas grill?  I could load it up in the pickup so we could have a gas burner.  Dan if you want to bring something go ahead but it is already understood that us locals will provide the vitals for our out of town guests.

Carl, i'm serious. I've gone to the local live stock auctions several times and bout lambs and goats. goat makes good BBQ and they're fun to kill (reading this Dan??)

I grew up on a ranch in Idaho.  Butchering animials was a regular occurance.  The problem is what to dowith the hide, entrails etc.  Buying a goat would be easy.

We'll put 'em Dans suitcase!

Talk about wasteful. Entrails you roast and the hide you tan. But if you guys don't want em I'll bring an ice chest.

Tan me hide when I've died Clyde

Tan me hide when I've died

OK, That does it!!

ALL I'm bringing is raw kale and beets from my garden ..... so unless ya'll want a "vegan weekend" in Portland, you better start taken' this seriously...

Trigg, I don't think there is a fire pit on site that will accept even a reasonably big cut of meat, but I could be wrong: JIMMMMMMM??????

ITS GETTING LATE PEOPLE!! OK, sometime this week will everyone please post exactly what they are bringing ??? That way, before the Great Event we can fill-in any gaps....

--- OK????

The place has an elevated BBQ grill that measures roughly 2' x 2', but divided in half so that two different fires can be going at once. The grills can be raised and lowered, to a maximum height of maybe 6 inches. There is no ground-based BBQ pit.

Being the city boy that I am ... I have no idea if a wee little lamb can be BBQ'd on such a set up - not unless it's cut up into small little pieces.

And indeed Carl is right, there is no suffienct place to dispose of any "remains". We'll have to leave the place fairy neat and tidy ... no piles of goo and guts can be left behind. I vote for no live farm animals.

So who wants to bring "contemporary" cuts of meat?? Beef patties, hot dogs, steaks, chicken? Lamb is fine too, but just remember that we have to clean up after ourselves.

Carl, it can't hurt to bring the gas grill, might as well, just in case.

Juxin and I will take care of beverages (and ice) ... but we need ice chests! Calling all ice chests, if you have one, bring it.

Oh ... and who's going to bring charcoal for the BBQ?

If everyone brings enough meat for thier family plus enough for one more person our out of town guests should be covered. Let's start a list of what else we need to bring. If you want to vounteer to bring something or add something to the list just quote it and type in the Item and/ or your name

Paper plates and silverware ...Phil & Ning Ning

Potatoe salad and cheese... Carl & Bing

Salad and dressing?

Charcoal

Fruit. ...Phil and Ning Ning watermelon

Beverages ...

If everyone brings enough meat for thier family plus enough for one more person our out of town guests should be covered. Let's start a list of what else we need to bring. If you want to vounteer to bring something or add something to the list just quote it and type in the Item and/ or your name

Paper plates and silverware ...Phil & Ning Ning

Potatoe salad and cheese... Carl & Bing

Salad and dressing?

Charcoal

Fruit. ...Phil and Ning Ning watermelon

Beverages ...

Updated

If there is no space for BBQing a goat or a lamb. Let me know if there will be an alternative to beef or pork. I am sure I can stop to pick up turkey dogs to bring. Chicken would be fine. I could even bone it for you if there is a sharp pointed knife. Cooks fast on the grill boneless.