• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry Dan,

Have a previous obligation at the time of your arrival, otherwise, I'd be happy to take you to your hotel !

Thanks for the input on Jakes, I will consider booking Jakes....

BUT!

I NEED MORE YEAS THAT ARE CERTAIN!!!! NOW IS THE TIME IF YOU WANT TO DINE AT JAKES ON THE 25TH~!!!

Sorry Dan,

Have a previous obligation at the time of your arrival, otherwise, I'd be happy to take you to your hotel ! 

Thanks for the input on Jakes, I will consider booking Jakes....

BUT!

I NEED MORE YEAS THAT ARE CERTAIN!!!!  NOW IS THE TIME IF YOU WANT TO DINE AT JAKES ON THE 25TH~!!!

OK OK OK, I will deal with my wife screaming "Too expensive husband". She recently had a terrible case of buyers remorse after we went out for a nice steak dinner and she saw the bill.

BUT, does Jakes have a dress code?? I have already put away the long pants for the remainder of the summer. I am willing to break out the sneakers and maybe even a pair of clean socks for the occasion but a man can only compromise himself so much!

BUT, does Jakes have a dress code??  I have already put away the long pants for the remainder of the summer. I am willing to break out the sneakers and maybe even a pair of clean socks for the occasion but a man can only compromise himself so much!

Are you saying I might have to wear shoes on the weekend? :wub: :huh:

Trigg if you have to spruce up maybe they'll have kid skin thongs in the Days Inn gift shop.

Personally, I like the idea of Jakes on Friday night, but it wasn't my idea.

And we are only getting input from a few who plan to attend.. I'm not gonna ram-rod something that most people don't want, and I assume price is a factor???

So, PLEASE! We still have time to make this plan, but I want it to be something everyone (or most) will feel comfortable with...

So:

1) Jakes it is.

2) Western style, perhaps a burger joint.. (inexpensive, national chain type pricing)

3) Chinese, still substantially less than Jakes....

SPEAK NOW, OR FOREVER HOLD YOUR PEACE !!!!

BTW About a dress code at Jakes, there is none that I am aware of, but tank tops and shorts would make you stand out a little...

I would expect to see very few "suits" on a Saturday evening, on average, perhaps more like a button down shirt, and long pants (mostly) ... but there would be plenty of people dressed other ways as well..

Bing and I are in for Jakes on Saturday. I can't make it on Friday night since I work the closing shift at the store that day. I am taking the day off Saturday so I can attend. don't worry about a dress code guys. This is Portland, Dockers and a button up shirt is dressed up here. You can eat at some of the nicest restaurants in Portland and see people in jeans or suits.

don't worry about a dress code guys.  This is Portland,  Dockers and a button up shirt is dressed up here.  You can eat at some of the nicest restaurants in Portland and see people in jeans or suits.

Ok so it will be California formal then. I'll bring socks and shoes.

After some deliberation with my wife we have decided to make the trip to Portland to strengthen the So Cal contingent.

We're in for Saturday night at Jakes.

Driving up.

I'll need more specific information as the time draws near and our plans are finalized, but this really sounds like something not to be missed.

See you all there.

After some deliberation with my wife we have decided to make the trip to Portland to strengthen the So Cal contingent.

We're in for Saturday night at Jakes.

Driving up.

I'll need more specific information as the time draws near and our plans are finalized, but this really sounds like something not to be missed.

See you all there.

BuuuuYAAAAAAAAAaaaaaa!!!

Cool Phil!!!! looking forward to seeing you there dude!!!!

Wahoooooooooooooooooo!!! Who's next????

C'mon, you know you wana be there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Looks like this will be a major invasion of Portland on multiple fronts.

Yup it will be Danny Boy. Are you really gonna wear shoes and socks at the same time?? Both of 'em?? I've been watching the Portland weather. I put away all long pants and other warm weather gear on the first of May. I gotta say that those tree trimmers up there must be a hardy bunch. Looks damned cold on that part of the left coast.

Think i should wear my heavy winter shorts???

Looks like this will be a major invasion of Portland on multiple fronts.

Yup it will be Danny Boy. Are you really gonna wear shoes and socks at the same time?? Both of 'em?? I've been watching the Portland weather. I put away all long pants and other warm weather gear on the first of May. I gotta say that those tree trimmers up there must be a hardy bunch. Looks damned cold on that part of the left coast.

Think i should wear my heavy winter shorts???

It has been a little chilly lately. Lots of rain. Usually about now though the weather will break and the sun come out. Summers are spectacular here.

Nice to see more people come from out of state. This promises to be the best get together ever. I am looking forward to meeting all of you.