My stupid question thread.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well,

As we get closer, the panic attacks seem to be fewer and fewer. Man, I hope I'm not suposed to be panicking about that. :lol: Real quick, Jen is planning to ship stuff over, what options are there. I am familiar with the standard US options, and I'm sure I could get the thing done with them, but that seems awfully expencive. What other options do we have?

Well,

As we get closer, the panic attacks seem to be fewer and fewer. Man, I hope I'm not suposed to be panicking about that. :o Real quick, Jen is planning to ship stuff over, what options are there. I am familiar with the standard US options, and I'm sure I could get the thing done with them, but that seems awfully expencive. What other options do we have?

Leave it in China. :blink: sorry.. I just couldn't resist. :blink:

Well,

As we get closer, the panic attacks seem to be fewer and fewer. Man, I hope I'm not suposed to be panicking about that. :rolleyes: Real quick, Jen is planning to ship stuff over, what options are there. I am familiar with the standard US options, and I'm sure I could get the thing done with them, but that seems awfully expencive. What other options do we have?

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index....12545efc6c30d48

Wow,

Had to dig a little deep to find this. :rolleyes:

OK, a couple of new things. First just to say that things seem to be moving along now. The panic has shifted to the task of getting this place cleaned before I leave. Jen has been asking about things she can be shoping for for our place.(man I love hearing her talk like that. :blink: )

Now, from what I've seen, it looks like China Post would be the least expensive for sending her stuff along. Unless anyone has any ideas, I'll have her go with that.

My main question is, in looking over the P4 docs, I don't see anything about evidence of relationship. She won't need pics, letters, and other stuff like that included with the docs at the physical? I just did a quick scan through the stuff and may have missed that, but it seems only for the interview. Am I correct at that?

You do NOT bring the personal stuff nor the I-134 ... everything on the OF-171 is to be brought as well as the appointment letter...

The staff there will review and assemble the package and seal if.. If something is amiss, they will tell you, and in some cases can tell you how to resolve it...

Calm down Jim! I am sure the hospital doctors and nurses would find the story of your relationship interesting but they just don't have time to listen to all that while doing the physical. The VO will ask for evidence if there is any question about the validity of the intent to marry. They are looking for fraud not soap opera material. Since you are there and she can show your passport with the visa stamps ( and perhaps travel tickets in both of your names?) You probably wont get a chance to reveal your story and many pics.

That's what I was thinking. It just seems odd that interviews would go without looking at much evidence at all. I guess if you answer the questions right on all of the forms, they are stisfied enough. :rolleyes:

this is what got me thinking about the I-129F submission (as an example).. one does not want to over load the application, but some additional proofs are probably helpful... to be fair to the VO, I think they are very astute at what they do and like a dog sniffing for something, they are trained to complete this interview quickly...

You can bet that every second of the interview, the VO is sniffing, observing, and notices everything... can't say I agree with it, but it is what it is...

Dan,

If I had the chance, I would bug every last one of them with all of our little details. Besides, I got to keep it fresh for the screen play. :rolleyes:

As for the flight, I leave SFO at 1 am so I'm really hoping to pass much of the time sleeping. I'll be on a 777 to S. Korea so if I'm awake I'll have that nifty little video thing in the seat to play with.

Are you taking Korean Air? I've used them for each of my flights. If you like curry type dishes, the Asian Vegetarian meal is always very good and is brought before the others. You have to reserve special dietary meals over 24 hours in advance. At Incheon go to the second floor to get a massage. It is very good. If you are too early for the massage before your plane leaves do pay for the shower and put a change of clothes in your carry on. You will arrive in China feeling good, shaved and odor free.